Dean reads the cover of the book. 'Supernatural' by Carver Edlund." He flips the book over, reads the back cover. "Along a lonely California highway, a mysterious woman in white lures men to their deaths."

Sam grabbing the book. "Give me that." He says and turns to the Man. "We're gonna need all the copies of "Supernatural" you've got."

MOTEL ROOM[ ☾]

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

We pan across a motel bed strewn with copies of the book series. Dean is reclining on the bed, flipping through a book and frowning. Sam is seated by the window with his laptop. "This is freakin' insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" Dean says.

"You got me." Sam says.

Dean gets up and crosses to Sam. "How come we haven't heard of them before?" He asks.

"They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one – "No Rest For The Wicked"-" Sam turns the laptop towards Dean, displaying a web site listing the books. "Ends with you going to hell."

"I reiterate. Freaking insane." Dean browses the site. "Check it out. There's actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"

"Yeah." Sam says.

"Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this – Simpatico says "the demon story line is trite, clichéd, and overall craptastic." Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it." Dean says as Elena comes over.

"Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better." Says Sam.

"There are "Samlena" and "Deanlena" fans..." Dean starts. "Where have I heard that before?"

"What does that even mean?" Elena asks.

Sam crosses his arms. "It means there are fans that want us together...and you and Dean." He says.

"Also-what's a "slash fan"?" Dean asks.

"As in... Sam-slash-Dean. Together." Sam says.

"Like, together together?" Elena asks.

"Yeah."

"They do know we're brothers, right?" Asks Dean.

"Doesn't seem to matter." Sam says.

"Oh, come on. That... That's just sick." Dean shuts the laptop in disgust. "We got to find this Carver Edlund."

"Yeah, that might not be so easy." Sam says.

"Why not?"

"No tax records, no known address. Looks like "Carver Edlund" is a pen name." Sam says.