Too Much

(((((Will's POV)))))

The glare from the cop's car is enough to make me shield my eyes once I regain consciousness....barely.
"You lost?"
Not quite conscious enough to fully understand the voice, which had shifted from Laura's (in my state) to this man's
"What?"
"What's your name?"
"Will Graham"
"You know where you are, Mr Graham?"
Where am I?
"Where do you live?"
"Wolf Trap, Virginia"
"We're in Wolf Trap so that's good, you're close to home.......that yours?" he points his light down by my feet. Winston seems to have followed me, for God knows how long. "Ohhh....Hi, Winston" I reach to pet him, but the cop makes him nervous. "Can I sit down? My feet are sore"
"Why don't we take you home?"
"Okay"

"You on any meds, prescription or otherwise?"
"No"
"Been drinkin?"
"No....well yes, not excessively. I had two fingers of whiskey before I went to bed"
"Any history of sleepwalking?"
"I'm not even sure if I'm awake now"

Joan's still awake when I'm back home and she's, understandably, surprised to see me walk through the door at this ungodly hour.

"You're up early"
"So are you" she seems even more confused, noticing who's by my side. "You didn't take the others?"
"I didn't even take myself, not consciously" I've never talked about my sleepwalking in front of her, but i couldn't think of anything better to tell her.
That's a poor excuse though.
"You're sleepwalking?"
"It doesn't happen often, but yes"
"It's happened before?"
I nod.
"Where'd you go?"
"I'm not even sure" I've already told her too much "police officers brought us home"
She nods silently before speaking again.
"I think I'll go back up to my room, maybe read for a while" she hugs me before starting to head upstairs, Sammy following closely behind her, Winston watching them.
"Alright.....get some sleep then"
"I'll try"