Not A Friend

(((((Joan's POV)))))

There's a knock at the door as I finish leashing the dogs up for our morning walk.....too early to be expecting anyone but I answer it anyway.
A man, whom I've never seen before stands in the doorway, half smiling.
"Good Morning" he greets, his expression unchanging. "Will's daughter, I presume?"
"Joan...." I nod, "How do you know my father?"
"We met briefly yesterday, my name is Dr Hannibal Lecter. Is he home?"
Dad's already on his way downstairs, still tying his robe, before I can open my mouth to speak again. "Who was at the door?"
"Friend of yours?" I raise an eyebrow, not quite answering his question.
"Good Morning, Will"
"Not exactly...." he mutters under his breath. "Where's Crawford?"
"Deposed in court, the adventure would be yours and mine today....may I come in."
Dad nods.
"I'll just take the dogs then?" I interrupt.
"You're welcome to join us, if you'd like..." Dr Lecter interrupts before he can answer. "...I brought breakfast" he holds up small containers of food.
I politely shake my head, picking up the ends of the dogs' leashes. "I'm a vegetarian.......excuse me."
I let the door shut behind me as I go.
I stop momentarily, watching their silhouettes sit down to the table, before I lead the dogs on towards our usual trail.

"I'll see you in about 15 minutes then?" I hear Dr Lecter say, as I walk up to the door, releasing the dogs from their leashes. Dad nods.
"I thought you had to work today....?"
"I do...." he goes on to explain. "He's riding in with me"
"I thought he wasn't a friend....?"
He chuckles softly, obviously not realizing I'd heard his comment earlier. "Yeah, not really...We're just looking up evidence."
"Have fun then" I snicker.
"Ha ha...." he chuckles humorlessly on his way upstairs to change.

-------------—A/N—--------------

Some of the Joan POVs may have to be a little shorter than others, as certain scenes can only include her so much.