Rainy Days

(((((Joan's POV)))))

I collect my shit out of my locker while Jez is raising her voice towards her brother over her phone, next to her locker straight across the hall from mine.
I try not to listen much, but with the rain today, it seems to be over his tiresome "water falling from the sky omg I can't drive" excuse.
Her bus is always late in the rain, so she always catches a ride from someone else on these days.
"That's why you have WINDSHIELD WIPERSSSS, dumbass"
I shake my head, slinging my Supernatural shoulder bag over my shoulder, around my neck while I wait for her to finish up.
"Mom's working late today, you KNEW this"
I try to shoot her a "don't worry about it" look as she growls at the soon to be hung up phone.
"You are SUCH a fucking Californian!" She makes her way over to mine as she shoves it into her pocket.
"My Dad'll give you a lift, you know."
She sighs, leaned up against the locker next to mine, half smiling back at me. "I don't wanna be a bother though"
I lay my hand over her shoulder.
"You're not a bother, and he's already picking me up anyways. Besides, maybe he can drop me off there too" I offer her a little smirk.
"Well, I won't say no to that" she chuckles, letting me nuzzle my head onto her shoulder.

Dad's already parked in his usual rainy day spot when we come out the front of the school. Winston's sitting up shotgun with his head out the window (he's such a Daddy's boy), Sammy's poking his out the back window.
"Hey buddy" I coo to the two, giving 'em each a head scratch before redirecting my attention back to Dad. "Jez's brother bailed on her, could we both go back to her place?"
"Yeah sure, hop on in"
"Thanks!" I nudge Sammy towards the left side so Jez can hop in while I go around to meet him.
He plops himself into my lap as soon as I take my seat and reach around for the seatbelt, greeting my face with plenty of slobbery kisses.
"Somebody missed you" Dad chuckles, peering around to see him.
"I'd never have guessed!" I chuckle, grinning widely at the happy little mutt, returning his greeting with back scratches.
Winston lays, peering around from his own spot in the front passenger seat, panting happily and thumping his tail against the seat (a mile a minute) before sitting back up and redirecting his attention to Dad, who greets him with a chuckle and a quick ear scratch before pulling out of the lot.

"I'll call you when I'm on my way back" he reminds me while I unbuckle my seatbelt to exit the vehicle.
"Alrighty" I stop by his window , before following Jez up to the house. "Love you, Dad"
"Love you too. Have fun"
"Oh we will" I snicker. "Come on Sammy!" I pat the side of my leg and he's eager to hop out and follow me. "Winston, you coming or going?"
He states longingly at me, as if understanding each word. You could see the wheels turning around in that fuzzy little head of his just before laying back down, as if to express his decision.
"Alright, well I'll see you both later then!" I chuckle, scratching his ears  before I join Jez by her side, followed still by my little Sammy.

He waits til I reach to close the front door behind us before he pulls away, make sure we get in alright.