Fanfiction

(((((Will's POV)))))

"Jack thinks I need therapy" I scoff, pacing the large balcony of Hannibal's extensive office.
"What you need is a way out of dark places when Jack sends you there" Hannibal replies in an obvious attempt to reassure me.
"Last time he sent me into a dark place, I brought something back."
"A surrogate daughter?" he suggests. The idea hadn't consciously occur to me, though I guess in a way I had.
"You saved Abigail's life yet you orphaned her, that comes with certain emotional obligations regardless of empathy disorders."
He explains, as if I were the only one who was there.
"You were there too, you saved her life too, do you feel obligated?"
"I feel a staggering amount of obligation" he answers. "I fantasized different scenarios where my actions could've allowed a different fate for Abigail Hobbs."
"Jack thinks Abigail Hobbs helped kill those girls"
"......and how does that make you feel?"
"How does it make me feel?" I repeat back, allowing the distaste to be heard in my voice.
"I find it vulgar!"
"Me too"
"...but entirely possible"
"It's not what happened"
"Jack will ask her when she wakes up or he'll have one of us ask her"
"Is this therapy or a support group?"
"It's whatever you need it to be. And Will...... Let your mind reflect the best of yourself, not the worst of someone else"

Joan's laid out across the couch on her laptop when I walk in the door.
"How was school?"
She hesitates for a moment, likely involved with whatever fan fiction? (I think that's what she called it) she's got herself hooked into today.
"....who's Freddie Lounds?"
I pause for a moment before repeating the name aloud. "Why do you ask?"
She turns her laptop towards me. "Did you know about this" she asks in a more concerned tone.
The browser's open to Freddie's article on tattlecrime.com
"Uh, yeah, we saw it earlier"
"You and your little not a friend?" she adds the last bit with air quotes
"And Jack" I chuckle. "Go back to your whatever it is you do on there"
"It's called fan fiction!" she laughs. "And I should but I thought you should see that first"
"Yes, well thank you for mentioning it........how did you find that anyway"
"Notes....Dean and Sam pose as FBI agents"
"Ah....well are you hungry?"
"I could eat" she nods
"Well, do you want to eat?"
"Daaadd" she scoffs.
"Alright."
The dogs follow me into the kitchen, Sammy trailing quickly behind as he's been sitting by Joan's side up til now.