.:1:.

"You know what to do," Mike murmured into my ear, roughly patting my shoulder. "And remember, October 31st."

With that, he left my side, heading out of sight and probably back into the old, wooden house, just as the long, red car pulled up by the gate. It looked extremely modern and nothing like what we had here. This 'Kellin' guy would be in for a huge surprise - in more ways than one.

I had been preparing myself for this, mentally and physically, but I knew that I was bound to do something strange. I always did.

The roaring engine was turned off and two well-dressed men exited the vehicle. I examined them carefully with squinted eyes. One was wearing a fluorescent blue tuxedo and was extremely heavily tattooed, with the artificial images even covering some of his face. His brown eyes were circled with thick liner, and parts of his right eyebrow were shaved. The man's dark hair was swept to the side as he confidently approached me.

"Ronald Radke," he introduced himself, extending his hand for me to shake. I scrutinised the tanned palm for a second, my gaze altering between it and his calm, but determined, face before I hesitantly placed my hand in his and shook it, when I decided that it was the best idea. "I'm Kellin Quinn's manager, but you obviously already know that. You're Mike, the younger one, right?"

"No," I sighed in annoyance at yet another person's misconception and quickly pulled my hand out of his grasp, discreetly scratching at it. "I'm Vic, the older one."

"Huh, I would have thought that you'd be taller," Ronald announced bluntly, to which I simply rolled my eyes and ignored the snide remark.

"Ronnie!" An irritated, demanding voice chorused from behind the car. "Get your ass over here and help me with my stuff."

Ronald - or rather Ronnie - followed back to the trunk of the car and I tagged along at a safe distance. My eyes travelled along the other man, who I assumed was the well-known Kellin Quinn. I heard a lot about him, but I had never actually seen him. He seemed slightly older than me, maybe in his mid or late twenties. Sunglasses rimmed his eyes and the black of his prestigious suit clashed with the pale tone of his perfectly smooth skin and delicate features. The man too had black hair, but his was shorter and only reached down to his chin, rather than shoulders like in Ronnie's case.

Kellin stepped back as soon as his manager reached the trunk of the car and stood away, looking around with a bored expression while Ronnie struggled with the many suitcases and bags. Why did he need so many things? His stay was just temporary, he did not have to bring his entire life along with him.

"Are you done yet?" Kellin groaned. "It's so hot out here! It's probably terrible for my skin."

I already did not like him and his snobby attitude. But I had no choice other than to be stuck with Kellin, so I had to get used to it.

Finally, Ronnie managed to pull the contents of the trunk out onto the dirt road. Kellin grumbled something about how it was expensive and should not be tossed around like that, but he kept his voice low enough for his agent to not hear. How could anyone put up with him?

Alarmed, I manoeuvred a few steps backwards when Ronnie started advancing towards Kellin and they both wrapped their arms around each other. I was feeling very on edge, because I never really interacted with many people other than my family and the ones down in the small town, and genuine affection between anyone was alien to me. I watched in amazement as the two embraced tightly.

"I'm going to miss you so much, man," Kellin said with a sniff, which made my eyebrows knit together. How strange: he was just treating Ronald like his personal slave a couple of minutes ago. Maybe they were actually great friends, though.
"It won't be that long," Ronnie reassured and pulled away from the hug but still stood closely. Intrigued, I observed their interaction. "You'll be here for just a couple of months until I get everything sorted out back in Los Angeles."