"Giselle, if you are going to find Charlie then do not bother yourself. He is probably slacking somewhere here."

"I know Mrs Knightley but I feel a bit anxious. Maybe, a bit of walking will ease my nerves."

She laughs a bit, "You can call me mum, Giselle. I have told you that many times. No matter, do as you wish."

I nod at her and go backstage.

I have always found it disrespectful to call Mrs Knightley, mum. I harden my grip on the pass in my hand and move forward.

Not long after I find Charlie talking to a blue eyed blonde girl at the corner of the room where all the ballerinas are. Some are young girls and boys.

The girl he is talking to is wearing a sparkling pink ballet costume with beautiful talcum powder pink shoes. I take a step behind the door of the room so that they can not see me. Hopefully, no one will kick me out.

"So, why are nervous, Jennifer? This isn't your first dance ricital, right?"

The girl Jennifer runs her hand at the back of her neck.
"Of course, it's not. There's this lady coming tonight who's supposed to be a the wife of a big hot shot business man. She's also a famous critic. The studio's co-ordinator says that if she gives a good review of the performance then the studio will have a huge popularity hit. "

She sighs deeply and looks in the other direction, "What if I mess up?"

"Don't worry. Your part will probably be the best."

"How do you know? We've just met."

He points to the woman eagerly advising the younger dancers near the stage.
"Mrs Woods is your instructor, right? She couldn't stop talking about your dancing when I was with her."

The girl blinks at knowing of Charlie's own acquaintances. We've met Mrs Woods before a few times, but not in the studio.
Charlie just shrugs and says,
"When your part?"

"In about thirty minutes."

"That's great. At least now, both you and me have someone to talk to. I always find these dances boring, no offence."

Jennifer smiles at him and they talk about random things till the time comes for Jennifer to perform.

Charlie goes near the stage but not as close that he can be seen by the audience. I am still behind him but he does not notice me. I can still see the performance from my position.

Jennifer dances beautifully across the stage. Her pirouettes are the most impressive. Every step has been practised to almost perfection and her performance doesn't lack emotion. Even if there would be no music, you could tell if the rhythm is gloomy or happy by her expressions.

She takes a bow after finshing her dance. The audience claps and throws roses onto the stage. She then eloquently runs to the backstage.

When she spots Charlie, she runs over to him and embraces him tightly. She says,
"Thank you so much, Charlie!"

"For what?" He laughs as he wraps his arms around her.

"For calming down my nerves, of course!"

"It's not a big deal..."

After a moment, both of them break from their embrace.

Suddenly, Jennifer notices me watching them and blushes. Charlie looks back at me,
"Giselle? What are you doing here?"

I step towards them, saying,
"Just admiring the show. Aren't you going to introduce me to your new friend?"