18. Captain George

I stare at the pirate in frond of me with big eyes. What do I have to do? Everything I've been tolled is to stay away from pirates, and now, one finds me! But I am not alone, shouldn't this pirate be afraid of mermaids like everyone else. I turn around to look at the mermaids.

A gasp escapes my lips for a second time. They're gone as if they have never been there. Are they afraid of this pirate? That can't be, mermaids are dangerous for most people right? Why would they be scared of a pirate?

I look back at the pirate and give him a better look. He is actually very handsome, not gonna lie. fierce, and I mean in a really hot way. He looks young, older than me or any of the boys but he definitely is young. Mid-twenties maybe?

His hair looks a bit like mine, but his is just perfect and less curly. He has dark brown eyes, beautiful but cold. And the smirk on his face gives me chills. I don't trust that look.

He is wearing a white blouse with the first three buttons open. And a dark red brownish cloth tied around his waist. A belt goes from his right shoulder to his left hip, holding a sword. He also has a belt around his waist, on top of the cloth. That one is holding a gun. He has dark gray trousers with high brown boots. Around his neck, a necklaces with an animal tooth.

The only weird thing I notice is his hand, or hook actually.

I realise that I am staring and I clear my throat as I stand up.

"I've never seen a boy singing with mermaids. Only mermaids sing for man, right before they get dragged into the darkness." He says mysteriously. He walks a little closer to me, smirk still on his face.

I don't know what to say, do or even think.

"But who are you? I've never seen you before." He speaks up again.

"I-I'm Harry." I stutter. I'm totally making a fool out of myself.

"You must be a new lost boy. My name is George. Captain George to be precisely."

My eyes widen. Captain George? As in, captain Hook? Of Course! His hand.. hook, how did I not think of that. I am alone in the forest with to most deathly pirate of them all, great. I didn't expect him to look like this. The way Peter talks about him, I expected a real grown up man, a monster. I take a step back which almost makes me fall into the lake, I gasp.

George chuckles. "You've heard of me I see."

"Peter t-told me t-to stay away fro-from you." I stutter.

For the first time, his smirk drops and he doesn't look very pleased. George walks a little closer, which makes me gasp again. "Peter Pan.." He speaks the name in disgust, "Come on, do I really look as bad as he told you?" He smiles again. "You don't have to be scared of me."

"If even Peter can scare me than.." I start but stop when I start thinking of the times I have actually been afraid of him. The cold, dark look he gets in his eyes.. it's terrifying.

"oh no, he doesn't even take it easy on new ones now?" George says and shakes his head in disappointment. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

I'm confesed, why is he so nice to me? Shouldn't he be more.. I don't know.. savage? I give George a little smile and shake my head, "I toughed I was special to him tho.. but everything is just a game to him.." I don't even know why I am telling him. I guess I just really need someone to talk to right now.

George's eyes widen for a second but than he take another step towards me and lays his hand on my upper arm. "I'm really sorry for you Harry. But you should know that he can't love. He can't feel love. The only thing he feels is joy, his own joy in sick sick ways. Everything is just a game to him."

I look down and try to hold back my tears. It sounds all so true. It makes all sense now. Of Course he doesn't love me. What do I have to do now?

A tear falls down my cheek.

George looks at me, puzzled "That boy really ment something to you didn't he?" He wipes away my tears and continues. "Don't cry over that bastard now, love."

He sits down on a rock and signs for me to sit down next to him. And we start talking. We talked for a pretty long time I think. But it's nice, he is nice. Peter totally lied about George, he is so sweet and it looks like he really cares. I tell him more about where I come from and I tell him more about Peter and me. It also doesn't seem to bother him at all that I am into guys, that's new to me.

"I don't want to leave neverland, I can't leave Peter. Even tho I know a few things are just not right and I really want to know the truth. But I think I actually do love Peter. He did save me from home though. I just don't know what to do right now."

"How about, you come with me? To my ship? You can stay as long as you'd like, have some time to think and if you want, you could even stay with us, become a pirate."

I look up at George. Is he serious? I've always wanted to go on a pirate ship, be a pirate. "Are you for real?" I ask with big eyes.

He laughs a bit and nodes. "Of Course, why wouldn't I want such a sweet beautiful boy on my ship." he says and brushes his thumb over my cheek, making me blush. He is very charming I must say.

We start walking as I agree to come with him. But as soon as I notice we are walking to the beach I stop. George keeps walking but stops when he sees I stopped waking. He gives me a confused look. "Are you coming Harry?"

"Peter might still be at the beach."

He smiles and walks back to me. "Don't worry love. He was long gone when I got here." He takes my hand and we start walking again. I look at our hands and blush. His hands are very strong. But it feels comfortable.

Holding Peter's hand feels much better though. Our hands fit perfectly in one another. Almost like our hands are made for each other.

We arrive at the beach and I see a little boat ashore. Right by the boat are sitting two man, I assume man from George his crew. As we walk closer, the two man stand on their feet, greeting George with a nod, George nods back. Then the pirates look at me with a cold expression. They are both older than George and are definitely not pretty or handsome at all, more terrifying. They make me nervous.

Without saying anything, George sits down in the boat and so do I. The two pirates push the boot back into the water and quickly jump in. They both take a paddle and start paddling towards the big ship in the distance. There is no going back now.