Chapter 2

Blood dripped from her wrist. Some oozing slowly down her arm. She watched as it went into the bathroom sink. The stinging pleased her. It welcomed her. She washed the blood off before sliding her sleeve back down. Rinsing the sink so no one would find it. She walked out of the bathroom. Walking down the stairs to her mother's screams.
"How many times have I told you not to spend so long in the bathroom!" Her mother shouted. Warda just smiled. Sitting in the living room she began to do her homework. Watching her two younger brothers do their homework.
She looked at her other brother. They were close in age but she was older. They didn't talk much. And when they did it was always arguing. She sighed as she opened her AP Psychology book. Groaning as she hated reading. She began annotating as her mom came up behind her.
"Sweetie can you do the dishes after supper? Your dad and I are going to get groceries."
"Of course Ummi!" She replied in a sweet tone. Her voice was soft and gentle. Anyone could tell she had a soft heart. She went back to annotating as Maghrib came in. The family prayed in the living room before heading to the dining room for dinner.
She sighed. Feeling alone as everyone around her seemed happy.