fuck

It was 3:15 and practice had just started like 10 minutes ago. Coach said we could end early today cause he had to attend a wedding later on. So since he left... Of course captain jack with his panties in a twist ACTUALLY wanted to do drills and scrimmages.

"Jack lets play like a game or something." Matt joked. And everyone agreed.

"Fine. What one?" He sighed obviously not wanting to do this.

"We'll play flag tag." Gilinsky said and everyone screamed for it, in favor.

"What's flag tag?" I dumbfoundedly asked.

"Basically you put two pinnees in your shorts and you have to go chase other people around and pull theirs out. You wanna keep yours as long as you can. It's strategy." Shawn explained, and I nodded. This was gonna be fun.

Everyone grabbed two blue pinnees and spread out across the field.

It seemed like the guys have had previous alliances so I stood near one of the goals nervously.

Nate looked at me shooting a wink and I mouthed "don't get me" and he nodded.

"Johnson I'm coming for you!" Nash screamed and he yelled back "fuck off Hamilton."

"Okay ready... Go!" Cam screamed and everyone ran around like crazy.

I decided to stay back until someone started chasing me of course.

Within minutes it was just down to me with two, Johnson with two, Shawn with one, and Sammy with one.

Everyone stayed in the middle circle, not even moving.

That was until the three boys charged at each other, but I chilled back. I hadn't touched anyone this entire game, I just watched from afar.

Well after a few moments, it was just me and Johnson.

How awkward...

"Y/n now you have to actually do something." Jai snickered at me and I flipped him off.

"Um I give up." I blandly said, not willing to get into a heated match with Jack. I pulled both of my "flags" out and simply walked away.

All the boys shouted at me, "WHAT THE FUCK!! You can't do that! That doesn't count. Don't let him win!"
I just rolled my eyes.

"Y/n why do you have to ruin the fun?" Tristan said jokingly.

I shrugged.

I heard my phone buzz in my bag so I fished around for it.

I checked it and it was a Twitter notification, nothing interesting.

I chucked it back in my bag.

"Can we go home Jack? I got a shitload of Chem homework to do." Ethan pleaded and Jack rolled his eyes.

"Come on guys we didn't do anything productive." He said.

"It's not like you'll be playing in the next games ANYWAYS." I mumbled chuckling to myself.

Everyone got dead silent. Was that loud?

"What did you fucking say?" Jack said walking up to me.

"You heard me." I spat, not in the mood to hear this shit from him.

"You have the nerve to say that to me when all I was doing was defending you?" He said and I felt somewhat guilty.

"It's not like I would've done something with that kid, it was kinda outrageous for you to punch some rando kid." I shrugged.

"Fine, next time I won't be there to protect you from creeps. Have fun y/n." He said sighing and shaking his head in disappointment. I felt my heart crack. I was expecting him to be a dick about it but instead he let me walk all over him. And I could tell he was done with even trying with me. I fucked up.