team bonding

As I put books away into my locker, a deep voice interrupted me.

"Hey y/n there's a team bonding thing tonight at Jack's house." Grayson told me while messing with his hair.

"Uh I'll pass." I softly declined his offer while shutting my locker.

"Why? You gotta go. The whole team goes and drinks, it's fun." He tried to convince me.

"It's not my place. It's apparent that Jack does not like me and I don't want to go to his house where I will be unwanted." I sighed and quickly walked away, leaving Grayson alone.

•••

"Okay. Practice is over today. Sam go pick up all the cones." Coach ordered Sam as he groaned.

I sighed in exhaustion and went to my bag to start putting my stuff away. I checked my phone to see a few texts from my friend. Nothing important.

"Yo what time are we going to Johnson's?" Nate asked all of us. I quickly broke the eye contact and started packing up, I did not want to go to this thing.

"Like 7." Jack answered nonchantly.

"Yo do you need anymore booze?" Cameron questioned. Of course he would ask that.

"Nah Cam we got enough." Shawn chimed into the conversation.

"Hey Y/n you coming tonight?" Brooklyn piped up out of the group raising his eyebrows at me.

They all started at me waiting for an answer.

"Um, I gotta uh... Clean my room?" I tried to make up an excuse, which was lousy and unconvincing.

"Cleaning your room on a Friday night? Good one. " Gilinsky chuckled.

"Just come."

"Don't be such a pussy."

"It'll be fun."

"Ok. I'll go." I reluctantly agreed.

"Okay do you need a ride there?" Jacob offered. And everyone smirked and went "ooooooo." He blushed profusely and shook his head.

"Yes, thank you Jacob." I nodded at him.

"We'll see you later." Nash called out to me as I walked off the turf.