(Quad)wizard Champions

GUYS I'M SO EXCITED TO WIRTE ABOUT THE YULE Ball YOU HAVE NO IDEA. but thats like chapters away and I don't want to get too ahead of myself, plus no ones actually reading.

btw If you are, I have a question. Should I do a hunger games cross over? Or Percy Jackson, even? I just really like the whole cross over idea, I'm not sure why... Anyway, I'll do it anyway as long as no one apposes, I'm not sure why you would so I'll do it anyway. Actually. let me know, I want to know if it's a good idea, though...

And you may have noticed a lack of Mericcup. Truth is, a couple like that doesn't seem so blunt and obvious... it might take time. But this is a fanfiction, so of course it will be so extremely obvious... just not to them :D

SKINNY LOVE! heehee

________________________________________________________________________

Jack walked with Snotlout, who was of course his friend by what it seems to be default, but to everyone but Snotlout, Jack was obviously annoyed by every breathe he would take.

Jack seemed to be annoyed with a lot of his friends that weren't Merida, Hiccup, or Rapunzel. Not because they were in Slytherin, but because they weren't them. Jack found it annoying for anyone else to be breathing down his neck in excitement and cling besides Rapunzel. He was even okay with Merida to be around. She was his best friend, in a way, if you were to subtract every time they would seem to forget that factor on the quidditch field and every time she talked to a maximum of his level of patience. Hiccup, of course, was Hiccup. He talked a lot, to everyones surprise, but there really was hardly anything he could do in Hiccups own ability to insult Jack in any way. And besides, Hiccup never opened up to anyone that wasn't the four of them. Jack had seemed to enjoy that.

"So there I was, bunching about 450, when all of a sudden, A DRAGON came!" Snotlout gloated, to which everyone knew was a complete and utter lie, but Snotlout was never the less oblivious.

Crowding into the grand hall he managed to catch a glimpse of red hair, but no one else from the group. Not because they weren't there, but because the griffindor table was next to the slytherins, and red hair wasn't at all difficult to find.They waved, as Jack seated himself down with the rest of the Slytherins for a special announcement. Tonight, they would announce the Triwizard Champions.

As everyone was seated, Professor North walked up to the Podium and said, "It gives me great pleasure to announce this years Hogwarts champions." With everyone on the edge of their seats, Jack found himsef there, too. "Now, I would like to remind you all; once the cup has chosen it's winner, there is no turneing back. Now, let the games begin."

A blue Parchement flew from the cup in blue flames.

"First, Our Champion from Ravenclaw, Rapunzel Corona!" The Ravenclaw table cheered with excitement as Jack caught the sight of her blushing face stare back at him. He smiled at her, teeth bared. Rapunzel stood and walk to the front as Professor North shook her hand and led her to the side. 

With a yellow parchement, North opened it up and read the name aloud,

"Our next champion, from Hufflepuff, is... Hiccup Haddock!" Although the hall cheered, they had a great mix of confusion. Jack heard Astrid exclaim, What?! At the shout of his name. And Hiccup was just as surprised as he walked to the front, blushing and looking down.

Then the cup threw out a red parchment from Gryffindor, as Jack was understanding how they worked.

"Our gryffindor champion is none other than, Merida Dombroch!" Jack was beginning to get excited. Of course he would be chosen now, of all of his friend he was beginning to look into the cups standards regarding their friendship. Merida wasn't shocked at all. She smiled excitedly and nearly skipped towards the front where she stood near Hiccup.

The Green parchment flew to Norths hands. This is it, Jack thought. He took a sip of water from the goblet to feed his parched throat.

"Eugene Rider!" North Exclaimed. Jack did his best not to spit out his drink, (which he took an unnecissarily large gulp out of) but failed and found the water drouling down his chin and threw his lips with an attept to stop midway through his spit.

He wiped his mouth as he thought, What?! That's not possible. He furrowed his eyebrows. For years, he had been jealous of his friend. As polite to him as he was, he always got the things that Jack never used to worry about not getting. That was of course, before Eugene was in the picture. Now, though, he was beyond jealous. Had the cup thought he was a better match then him? What were the odds that all of his friend were chosen for any different reason? Not all of them, at least. Not all of them, besides him...

"Now, drinks all around for our new Hogwarts champions." North smiled. But then, a light exploded from the cup once again.

A green parchment flew out.

North furrowed his eyebrows just like Jacks in confusion. But his confusion bursted with anger as he read allowed, 

"Jack Overland."

Jack felt all eyes on him. His friends had a look af pity, even Snotlout, and somehow Astrid. He looked over to Rapunzel, who's pity burned in his chest. 

He tried to slouch in his seat, as if that would hide him, as if the moment wasn't real. But it was. He knew it was when North bagan to repeat his name. with each silibal he grew louder, angrier. Jack had no choice. Filled with embarrassment, he made his way to the front, no hand shake, no nothing. He began to grow scared as his body shook with every step closer. 

"Meet us in the trophy room." Proffessor Tooth said as sweetly as she could. She patted Jacks shoulder as he followed.

Jack couldn't help but think, Why me?