"What's it with you? Got some girl and you know it all?" He backfires.

"How the hell are you even a dean?" My voice starts rising. "You have no ounce of respect!"

"And you do?" He chuckles. "Last time I checked, you took the bet pretty seriously."

I clench my fist as my blood boils. "Watch your mouth," I threaten.

"Or what?" He lifts his chin higher.

"Listen, Lucian. I'm going to say this once and it better get carved into that sick brain of yours. You mess with Lesley, you mess with me."

My eyes turn into slits and I walk right pass him, pushing him back. I hear his footsteps running to catch up with me and when I turn, he pushes me back. I quickly retrieve my position and punch him in his stomach. "Don't pick a fight with me because I'm trying my best not to hit you," I warn.

He coughs and stands straight. "Why?" I yell at him. He looks down. "Why, Lucian? Why would you do such thing?" My throat turns dry. I run a hand through my hair and pull. Hard.

"There are some things you won't understand," he simply says. My pulse quickens up. "Then explain them to me!" I beg. "I am trying to help you." I grab a handful of his shirt but he looks away from my eyes. I let go. My breathing is heavy and my adrenaline is high.

"One day, you will understand. Not today. Not tomorrow. But one day." His green eyes flash a lighter shade and I look deeply at him, confused.

"Cut the crap, Lucian. There's no explanation to this. If there was, you would've told me already," I say.

"One day." He turns and walk straight into his room. I turn around and stomp my way out of his apartment to my car.

I call Spencer. He picks up on the first ring. "Hey A-"

"Don't say my name." I directly interrupt. "If Lesley is with you, get out of the room." I order.

"Yeh, mom. She's doing alright and she says hi." He says and I wait till I hear the door shut.

"Are you serious? Did you just leave her like that? What the hell do you think you're doing?" He starts shouting.

"I don't have time for this." I sigh. "I need your help. Will you help me or not?"

"What's in it for me?" He questions.

"It always has to be something in return for you," I chuckle. I need him to agree because I can't do that by myself. I need a watch out and some sort of distraction so I can open that safe.

"I'm waiting for your offer." He pushes.

I lay back in the leather seat and close my eyes. "I'll tell you the truth behind all of this."

"What truth?" I can feel him scowling through the phone.

"Meet me under my house in fifteen minutes and I'll explain. Don't tell, Lis." I hang up.

I make my way home to find Spencer already waiting for me on a nearby bench. I jerk the car door open, get out, and take a seat beside him.

His eyes are fixed on a spot on the floor and his shoulders are tense. "Spill it," he hisses.

I stroke my hair. "You know I have a brother right?"

He nods. Shit. I instantly regret it. He's his dean! What the hell am I doing?

"You need to promise not to tell or act about this to anyone," I scowl. He sighs. "Promise."

"So, he rapped a girl. And Lesley was the witness to that."

His eyes widen. "He what? And she what?"

"That girl was his girlfriend," I inhale. "And that girl was Riley's sister." He stands up immediately, wild eyes. "Riley?" He asks. "As in Riley Riley?" His voice starts raising. I nod. He covers his mouth with his hand.

"Wait why did you say was his sister and not is his sister?" He eyes me.

This is harder than I thought it would be. "She committed suicide a week after the incident."

He falls silent, staring in front of him toward the parking lot. I get up from the bench and stand beside him. He doesn't move.

"I told you because I knew you'd understand. I know it's tough to think that this is even possible. But I'm not bullshitting you."

"Why aren't you pressing charges?" He dryly asks.

"Because that won't help. He has connections and Lesley has no proof. We will basically lose the case," I explain. He stiffens.

"But he has a safe, locked up in his apartment. I believe it has evidence that might help us. And I need you to help me open it.

Are you with me?" I ask.

He turns slowly, eyes darker than the night. "I'm in."