Annoying, much?

"Right. I'm gonna go now, you two have fun." I said, and I could feel venom dripping off my words as soon I as I said them. "What's wrong with her?" I heard Maya ask, but Chris didn't answer. 

In fact, I was pretty sure that he was staring straight at me, because I could feel his intense stare burning into my back as I walked away.

**********

Rachel kept going on and on and on about Jonah and how sweet he had been when they were going out and stuff that I didn't really care about. 

I put my head down on my arm and watched Rachel as she talked about Jonah. I saw that look in her eye whenever she thought about something of Jonah. I saw her movements whenever Jonah was near. 

Heck, I noticed everything she did whenever Jonah was just on her mind. This was starting to become creepy, actually. 

They finished each other's sentences and they always did everything in sync together. It was almost as if they were long lost twins. But I knew they weren't. They didn't even look anything alike. Then Rachel blurted out something to me that I wasn't even aware of. 

"I think I'm in love with him, Della," She said, looking over at me excitedly. 

I shrugged, bored. 

"Oh, when are you going to speak ever again?" She asked, frowning while poking me. I wrapped my arms around my head on the table and began to feel sleepy. I closed my eyes for a few moments, and then the stupid bell rang. I sighed, but continued sleeping anyway. 

I heard footsteps as students began to come into class. Someone tapped my shoulder and I looked up, annoyed, to see Chris staring down at me. "What do you want?" I asked, while putting my head down again, trying to ignore my heart picking up speed. 

"You." 

I jerked my head up once more and looked at him, unable to stop my heart from sprinting away. His eyes bored into mine, as if he could see right through my soul. I looked away. "Well, you can't have me. In case you've forgotten, Maya is still in the damn picture." 

He looked at me confused. 

Hadn't he remembered Maya? I rolled my eyes. "Maya? Your mate? Ring a bell?" I said, snapping my fingers in front of him. 

"Maya...? Oh! Her. Right," He said, recognition glinting in his eyes. For a smart guy, he was pretty dumb at times. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. Her." I said, resting my head on the table again. Chris's footsteps faded away and I looked up again. He was gone. Oh well. Then someone tugged on my hair gently from behind. I frowned and turned around. 

Figures. 

Chris was behind me. I scowled and turned back around. He leaned across the table and brushed my hair out of the way of my neck. He gasped in horror as he saw that the mark was now fading away. Well, he started it!

I quickly brushed my hair back in its position as the teacher came in, carrying a pile of worksheets in his hands. Before we greeted the teacher, I heard Chris inaudibly say, "I'm going to make sure you're going to have the mark back." 

**********

School was over before I knew it and as Rachel and I were walking, she pulled my arm to one side. "Hey! What was that for?" I hissed, shrugging my poor arm away from her grasp. 

"Chris." She whispered, and hid me in the darkness as she walked away from the corner, and stood in front of Chris. "I heard how you broke Della's heart. If you break her ever again, I'll make sure that you'll be the one who's broken. Got that?" Rachel said menacingly yet sweetly.