If you have nothing good to say...shut up

I enjoy constructive criticism. Okay, sorry, that's a lie. Nobody enjoys criticism of any kind. Who likes being told they are wrong? But it happens. But I seriously don't really absolutely positively terribly mind when someone points out something really completely grossly wrong with my writing. I write pretty much on the fly and don't pay nearly as much attention to writing crap as I should. 

But you know what? Don't pretend you're better either. I can write as well or as sucky as I want. That is what writers do. Did you notice the 6th sentence in the paragraph above? I know some of you looked at it and said in your minds that it might need a comma here or a comma there. Well, no. It doesn't need any commas. I wanted you to read it fast and in one breath so you could take it in fast and in one breath. Don't pause. Don't put in commas because you feel there should be a commas somewhere just because your brain can't comprehend people thinking differently than you. Don't do it. It makes you look stupid. 

But writers make mistakes. Every once in a while I get a reader that tells me I made a typo or that something needs clearing up. I always check it out. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Once I had a reader tell me that I spelled "arrangement" wrong. I had actually spelled the word "arraignment" but the reader had obviously never heard that word and made a mistake. That happens. 

Other times I get people telling me that I should have written this in "this way" or "that way". Sometimes their way is better, but often it is not. 

What really bugs me though? I hate people that go on a story just to hate. They offer nothing but trash. I rarely get those, but I do get them. I have seen many of them on other people's stories. What is wrong with people that they have nothing better to do than to talk crap on other people's pages. 

Let me share a few comments that have appeared on my stories. I don't respond to them on my story because that is what they want, but here are some of them with my responses.

"This story sucks!"--- Your momma.

"This really should be longer." --- Wow. That hurt. If I had a nickle for every time I heard that one. Lol. Just kidding. That was a response to a non-fiction story I wrote. Really? Longer? It's non-fiction. I can't just make up crap just so it can be longer for you. Dumbass.

"Get a job creep".  ---This was in response to my "People of Starbucks" stories where I write about my observations when I watch people at Starbucks. I have a job. I pay more in taxes than this idiot gets a year. Creep.

"I doesn't seem realistic. Nobody can solve a crime that fast."----Sorry. I do. Solving cases are easy. Proving them is hard. And that was one of my slow ones. Let me show you. You have a fake name, no followers, no information on the "about section" of your profile, and have been on Wattpad only 5 days. Let me guess. You are between 12 and 17 years old. You don't live in the U.S. You have a mother, but no dad. You have no brothers or sisters. Your mom works at an office and hates her boss. You are struggling through school even though you are smarter than most kids in your class. You aren't lazy, just don't like being told what to read. You aren't depressed, but have considered cutting yourself just because you are bored. Message me and let me know if I got any of that wrong. I dare you. 

"Has many typos correct please"- How much is it worth to you? Dumbass.

"I know you said this is a true story but is it fiction?"- Uh, I don't know how to answer this. 

Well, that's enough for now. There are more, but I will save those for later. Oh great, I just started a new series to write about. Dammit!

Hope all my writing friends are having a great writing day.