Ch.12 Fast Forward

Faith's POV: Its been 2 years since Tim moved and a basically 2 years since we've been together.

Graduation is in a couple weeks and it's bitter sweet. Im gonna miss my friends. Jess is going out of state to to Colorado and is going to Fort Lewis College, and Mary is going to UCLA. I don't know what exactly I'm going to do still. I've been excepted into multiple colleges but I don't think that's what I want to do.

Tim is going back to Louisiana to go to college out there. He wants me to go out there and go to the community college but I won't have any family and he does. I want to just go to Hinds Community College and stay with Tim and do it long distance. I haven't brought it up to Tim because I know he won't like it.

Tim's POV: We're graduating in a couple weeks and I'm pumped. Greg and Shawn are gonna stay here and go to Mississippi State but we're gonna come visit each other during break and try to do weekends.

I want Faith to come with me out to Louisiana but I don't think she wants to go. I don't think I can do this whole college thing without her. She helped me graduate HS and I don't think I can graduate college without her help. I'll just talk to her later about it.

I picked up Faith and went down to the park down the street. Shawn has a girlfriend now so him, Greg and I were gonna meet up and have a barbecue picnic lunch. Faith invited Jess and her boyfriend because Mary had to go visit her grandparent who came into town to visit.

On the ride over I talked to her about moving with me. "Have you thought about moving at all? You know I want you down there with me." She scooted closer to me and put her head on my shoulder. "Yeah I know, but I just don't know. I'll just have you out there. It'll be weird." I rubbed her arm. "I know but we could come back for holidays and birthdays. My family is out here too." "Can we talk about this later? After the picnic?" I nodded yes and turned the radio back on.

Faith's POV: After the picnic the guys wanted to hang out so me and Jess left. I was relieved because I didn't want to talk to Tim. I didn't want to tell him that I'm staying here.

Me and Jess went over to her house and I helped her pack. "Have you decided what your gonna do?" I tapped up the last box and sat down. "Uh I think so. I'm just gonna stay here and go to the community college." "Have you told Tim?" I sighed and laid on her bed. "No. I'm scared, I know he's gonna be mad and I don't want to make him mad." She sat next to me on her bed and rubbed my head. "Just tell him. Do you want me and Mary there? Just in case he does anything? We could be like near you guys just in case?" I nodded my head yes and some stress was off my shoulders.

Jess's parents weren't home so I called Mary to see if she could leave her grandparent and so she came over. I called Tim at Greg's house and he made his way to Jess's house. I was nervous to tell him. I felt like I was sick. "Faith it'll be fine. We'll be in the kitchen and just say the safe word and we'll come in and help you. Okay?" I hugged Mary and Jess.

Tim finally got there and they went into the kitchen. "Hey Tim." He smiled and hugged me. "What's wrong?" I pulled him over to the couch and sat down. "You know how we were gonna talk about us moving later?" "Yeah?" I took a big breath and told him. "I'm staying here. I'm sorry!" He put his head in his hands and it sounded like he was crying. I just rubbed his head and let him cry. "Are you sure?" He brought his head up and it was red. "I'm sure. I feel bad letting you go by yourself and I love you more than anything baby but I'm staying here. That's what I really want." He shook his head up and down and kissed me. "Okay. I love you."

We sat there for a while and then he offered to take me home. It was weird. It was silent the whole ride home. I didn't know what to do.

When we got to my house he came and opened my door and walked me to the porch and told me to sit down. "Remember when I brought you home late that one night after that party and you were scared to go in to see your parents so we just sat here for like an hour and just talked?" He held my hand and looked at me then the ground. "Yeah." It was silent for a while and then he finally said something.

It sounded like he was going to cry when he opened his mouth and he reached into his pocket and got on his knee. "Faith, I remember when I first moved here and I thought I was gonna hate this place until I saw you.." I started crying and wiped my eyes. "..I've loved you since you came over with your parents and introduced yourself, I've loved you even at your worst and even when you didn't want me around. I love you Audrey and I want you for the rest of my life if you want me bugging you for the rest of yours." "Tim!.." "Faith, will you marry me?" I started crying and he rubbed my legs and arm. I finally looked up and held out the ring and he started crying. "Will you?" I started shaking my head. "Yes..!"  He put the ring on my finger and then my dad walked out and stood there for a while without saying anything.