Ch.11 Yes or No Part 2

Faith's POV: I couldn't get up for school today. I didn't want to see Tim. My mom was staying home today because I never stay home unless it's an emergency.

Tim's POV: Faith isn't at school today. I feel really bad but she doesn't want to talk.

Shawn and I ditched 5th period and went over to his house. He lived in a gated community and was super tidy and everyone was uptight and came from the city. I wasn't used to his parents yet because they wore nice suits and dresses and we're both lawyers. "Your parents aren't coming home any time soon right?" He got us some cokes and walked over. "No. They've had a lot of cases lately and usually work until 6:30." He turned on the tv and we watched some movies.

We didn't really talk that much. And then we heard the door open. "What are you guys doing here? Are you ditching?!" It was his older sister Laura who hadn't done one thing her parents wanted and was the rebel child every parent warns you about. "Yeah don't tell mom." She smiled and hugged him. "As long as you keep your head out of mine I'll do the same for you. So who's your friend?" I stood up and shook her hand. "I'm Tim." "Well, Tim Shawn hasn't ditched once in his life since you came. Keep up the good work and I might have to repay you." I kinda laughed and shrugged it off.

"Laura!" She laughed. "What? He's cute." "Yeah and he's underage." Laura backed off and went up to her room. "Lay off your sister. She kinda hot." We laughed and he pushed me towards the couch. We sat back down and he started asking me about Faith.

"What's up with you and Faith?" I put down my drink. "Last night when we got the drinks, we kissed and.." "What happened?!" "We kissed. And when I went to drop her off I told her I loved her." His mouth opened but didn't say anything. "What did she say?" "Nothing. I just told her me or Pete and she started crying and now we ain't talking."

It was like 5:30 and I asked Shawn if he wanted to come over and eat with me and my family. He said no so I hopped in my truck and went home.
When I got home my mom and everyone had gone out for dinner tonight to celebrate Horace's new job. I totally forgot, I'm gonna be in trouble.

I called Greg after I did my homework and asked him if he wanted to go out and eat. I met him at this diner. "What happened with you and Shawn?" "We went over to his house. I didn't want to be at school." He nodded his head and looked at the menu. "Are your parents not home?" I looked up at him, "Nope. My mom took Horrace out for his new job so they all went to dinner." "Dang. Your gonna get it ain't you?" I shook my head yes and we laughed.

"So Mary told me what happened with you and Faith." The lady came to take our order so I tried to ignore the topic when she left. "What are you gonna do?" I nodded no. "I don't know. She won't talk to me. But I really like her." Greg laughed. "What?" "Don't you mean love?" I threw a piece of ice at him and laughed.

I got home and talked to my mom. She let me go because apparently Horrace made a scene about the food and it was probably a good idea I didn't go. Before I left the kitchen my mom called me back. "Faith left you a message. She sounded serious. What's up with you guys?" I leaned against the wall. I told her about Brandy and Pete, the kiss, me saying I love you and now we ain't talking. "You better go fix this."  I nodded and went over to her house.

Faith came down stairs and sat on the porch steps next to me. "I broke up with Pete." I looked up to the sky. "Why?" She grabbed my hand. "Because he wanted the other girl more than me. And I knew a guy who wanted me more than anything he had." "Yeah? Whose that?" She shoved me and smiled. "Audrey Faith Perry I love you." She leaned in and we kissed. "I love you too."