Chapter 9 Everything isnt okay

Faith's POV: It's been a month since Tim moved in down the street and we've been talking ever since he got here but I don't know if we're together or not. A couple weekends ago this girl he was with in Louisiana came with his friends and he acted like there was nothing ever between us and was all over her.

•••
Tim's POV: So about two weeks ago Gina and Mark came down Friday and stayed until Sunday morning and it was cool and they brought Brandy. It was weird between us and she wanted to be together I guess for the weekend while she was here. I ended up feeling super bad because I had to pretend like I wasn't with Faith. It hurt so bad and I haven't talked to her since she met everybody. I talked with Mark and he said she was going on dates with guys but nothing every happened and Brandy keeps insisting were together. But Mark also thinks that she keeps bugging for us to be together is because she went on a date with this guy Danny and she apparently really liked him and he didn't want to go out with her anymore because she wasn't what he wanted and dissed her.

I feel bad for Brandy but I don't feel anything for her like I do with Faith. I don't know how to get Faith back. I feel so bad.

I went to school on Monday and went to go hang out with Greg and Shawn. "Hey Greg."
"Tim!" I walked up to them and did our handshakes. "So what's up with you and Fatih?" I looked at Shawn and kinda smirked. "I don't know. She hasn't talked to me and her dad still likes me and let what happened go past him. But she hasn't yet. It sucks." Greg grunted and motioned his hand kinda secretly to the front door. Faith was with Pete. The guy I was stealing her from. "That must feel horrible dude." I turned to Greg. "Yeah that hurt." Shawn swallowed harshly, "What Shawn?". He stood there for a second, "Well your lucky you didn't see them kiss just now." I turned around and Faith kissed him again and then walked over to Mary and Jess. "If she wants to play it like that okay. But I ain't trying to play her. So I guess I'll just let everything slide because she's just trying to make me jealous." "Well good luck with that. I'll see you in 5th?" "Yeah see you guys later." We all left for class.

During chemistry I finished my quiz early and felt good about it. The teacher had me go to Mr.Gunners English class to drop off some tissues and everything and Faith had that class. I dropped the stuff off and went walking back to class. Faith had took the pass and walked out behind me. "Tim! Hold on." I stood still until she got close and turned around. "What's up?" She looked at me and looked determined. "Look, what you saw this morning was Pete's idea of showing you that were dating or whatever. I felt bad about it. Can we still be friends?" I looked down and put my hands in my pockets. "I guess. But I don't want to here about Pete, be around him with you or anything. I'm YOUR friend not his. I know he doesn't like me and I don't like him. So I don't want us to be alone together." She nodded her head. "Okay. Well today after school the foot ball team and cheerleaders were suppose to hang out before your last game this weekend. Pete might come I don't know. But we can hang out there. Your going right?" "Yeah. I'll see you later."

I got home and did my homework and hung out until Greg came over so we could head down to the football field and do a little bar-b-q before our last game.

Greg came in and hung out with Horrace and my mom. We left after a while and got to the field and helped the team set up. "Are you nervous about Faith?" "Nah. We talked during class today. She met me in the hallway after I dropped by her class. I think we might be okay." Greg smiled. "So you gonna try to get her back?" "Did I ever say I wasn't?" We laughed and waited for all the other cheerleaders to get there.