Chapter 7 What does this mean?

Audrey had come to pick me up for school that morning. "Hey Tim!" "Hey Audrey." "You can just call me Faith. Everybody does." She drove us to school and helped me find all my classes.

"I'll meet you by your locker after 5th period to have lunch okay? And I can introduce you to the football players and some of my friends." "That sounds cool. Thanks for the ride and everything this morning." "You're welcome. Have fun. And don't get into any trouble with out me okay?" "I'll try."

I went to class which was chemistry and it was horrible. We hadn't learned any of this at my old school and I couldn't understand. And I sat next to this weird kid who got mad at me when I asked anything. I couldn't imagine how all my other classes would be. Especially geometry.

It was finally 5th period which was English and I was super excited because Faith had introduced me to one of her friends to me during passing period which was Greg who was on the football team and I had him in my 5th period class. I liked this class because it was super easy and I got to sit next to Greg and we kinda just joked around the whole time because we finished our papers early. "How long ago did you move here?" We got up and waited for the bell to ring. "Just a couple days ago, maybe like 3 days." "Nah really? That's cool. And you get to live by Faith. She's really cool." I shook my head and looked at the clock on the wall. "Yeah I just met her yesterday but she has a fun personality." "So you hanging with us at lunch?" "Yeah Faith wants to meet at my locker and I was gonna hang with you guys." The bell rang and we went to my locker and waited for Faith. "Hey Tim." She gave me a hug. "Hey Greg. So Tim this is my friend Mary." "Nice to meet you." She gave me a hug and we went out to the courtyard and me and Greg went to go get a cheeseburger from across the street from this burger place and the girls stayed on campus.

"So do all the girls jump on you like that when y'all meet?" Greg laughed a little. "Yeah, especially if you hang with the jocks. You'll be like royalty in no time. It's actually pretty annoying how you end up a star if you play a sport."

We grabbed our food and went back to school. "How were your classes?" "Chemistry sucks. I didn't know how far behind my school was." Mary looked me and padded my back. "You'll get the hang of it. And if you need help Faith is really good at it. I don't see how it's so boring." Faith laughed. "It's not boring at all! I don't know what's wrong with you." We all kind've picked on her for a while and then went to the locker rooms because there was football practice and the cheerleaders were going to practice because none of them had an actual class to go to. "Good luck Tim." Faith said and gave me a high five.

I went into the locker room and talked to the coach and he told me to meet me out on the field for some pads and too see what I could do. I went out with Greg and met some of the other guys that were on the team. The coach came out and gathered us up. "Okay guys so Samuel over here.." "Actually it's Tim. It's my middle name." "Okay Tim. He thinks he can play. So we're gonna see what he's got with a little scrimmage.

After practice Coach Duran said I could join the team and do defense. I was really excited because that's what I always wanted. We went out to change and then Greg and this other kid Shawn wanted to go out and get milkshakes and to go hang out by the lake or whatever. "Hey I'm gonna go to house and shower real quick and just tell my mom. Is that cool?" "Yeah me and Greg will come and pick you up."

I went to go walk home and I saw Faith still in the parking lot. "Hey football player." I smiled. "You heard?" "Yeah. Cheerleaders hear everything. And all of the cheerleaders are obsessed with you. But I don't see it." She laughed and I joined her. "Do you want a ride?" "Of course." I opened her door and then went to climb in. "So your going to hang out with Shawn and Greg?" "Yeah and then they wanted to do team bonding next week. They wanted to show me around. So whatever that means hopefully it's not too much trouble."

"Well maybe me and Mary and our other friend Jess will meet up with you guys later if that's okay?" I looked at her and smiled. "I'd like that. I'll call Shawn and tell him and we could come get you guys if y'all are gonna be there." "Cool. Most definitely." We came up to her house and pulled into the driveway. Her dad came out and for once I didn't feel nervous. "Hey Tim. Nice to see you." I shook his hand. "Nice to see you too Mr.Perry." "You can call me Ted if you want. I like you enough." We laughed and talked for a bit. "So you'll be on the football team, Audrey told me."

"Yes. I tried out today and I made it. Defense." He shook his head. "Well that sounds very cool and I'm glad you and Audrey are friends. She's a good kid so don't mess her up too bad." I smirked a little. "You won't have to worry." We sat for a while looking at the cars going by and talking about them when a nice one rolled by. "Well it was nice talking to you, I think I'm gonna head over to my house." We stood up and he shook my hand. "I hope to see you soon. Tell your folks I said hi." "I will. See you later. Tell everyone I said hey too."

I went home and took a shower and went back downstairs to call Greg and he was cool with the girls coming with us. "Hey mom can I ask you something?" I walked into the kitchen and started helping her make dinner. "What did you want to ask?" "Um I wanted to hang out with some of the football guys Greg and Shawn. And Faith and her friends are gonna be there." She smiled. "So you made the team?!" "Yeah. The coach put on defense so I'm really excited."

She let me go out tonight so I went to go get in the truck and got the girls in the back. We went got some milkshakes and then got some beers and water and food and went down to this lake that came from the Mississippi. We fished a little bit and Shawn and I caught one each. We ended up just hanging out. "So are you gonna do anything about Faith, Tim?" I looked at Shawn. "I barely know her. I just met her yesterday. I was gonna wait on it." Him and Greg laughed. "You better not wait until someone else like Pete gets her. He's been trying for a while and it might actually be working even if he is pretty dumb when it comes to flirting." I grabbed a water. "So her and Pete?" They nodded. "Well maybe I might get on it."

I went over to the girls and sat next to Faith in the dirt. "So Jess are you a cheerleader too?" "No I'm on senate with Faith. The three of us have been friends since 2nd grade so we all kind of do the same things." I drank some water. "That's crazy you guys stayed together this long. That's pretty cool you all like the same things." We sat there a talked and their all pretty funny.

Mary and Jess went waking down by the lake and then hung out with Greg and Shawn. "It's been getting really cold lately at night." I looked over at her cuddled up in her blanket. "Do you want my jacket?" "Are you sure? I could just use this blanket." I shook my head. "No you'll be warmer. I'll be fine." I put my jacket on her and sat back down.

We laid down and I tried to point out the dipper to her which took a while and we laughed for a while. I finally got her laying on my chest and kind of hugged her as we laid there.

Gregg dropped me and Faith off at my house, so I had to walk her home. "I'm glad we have tomorrow off for the veterans parade." "Yeah that's cool." We got to her house and she gave me my jacket. "Thank you. Maybe you and your family can come with mine to the parade tomorrow." "I will ask my mom when I get home. I'll call you in the morning then?" She smiled. "Yeah that would be great." We hugged for a while and she kissed my cheek and we both froze. "Okay I'm gonna go inside." I laughed and I walked home.