New Life In Mississippi

We finally made it to Star,MS this morning around 3 am and got into the house that Horace bought last month. My mom wants to register me at school tomorrow but I'm super nervous to start in the middle of the first semester at a new school in a different state where I don't know anyone.
Me and my mom got to the school and my mom filled out my papers and they told me to come to school tomorrow and I could get my schedule and get help from one of the student aids. They're picking new kids for football for this season too because some of the kids dropped so I have a chance here.
We were on our way home and my mom decided she would buy me new clothes and things for school. "Are you excited for tomorrow?" I sighed heavily and looked at her, "Kind of, I'm just really excited to try out for football." "Well you better keep your grades up because you won't be able to slip at this school."
When we got home I called Mark to see what was happening and he mentioned that John and his friends had gone down to my old house and did some graffiti on it and destroyed everything and had to go to the detention home for a couple weeks. I felt bad that- that made me feel good inside because it shouldn't. My mom called me down to meet the neighbors and their daughter who had come over and see if we needed any help with moving or getting around.
I didn't want to say that me and Brandy were together ever or if we were done when I left but I felt bad that I liked the neighbors daughter. Her name was Audrey and she was my age and was going to the same high school.  We had gone out back to walk around for a while until our parents were done inside. "So why did you guys move out here?". "My stepdad got a job offer out here but didn't want to take it because school just started, but I have a history of misbehaving in school so that kind of made him choose to come out here. Fresh start." We walked down the yard a little further until she started talking again. "Did you do any sports at your last school?"
"Yeah, I was on the football team and some baseball. How about you? Any sports?"
"Cheerleading and senate." "So you'll be cheering for me when I win all the football games?" We both laughed. "We'll see won't we?"
We went back inside and they went to go and leave. "Maybe we can ride to school together tomorrow? I could help you find your classes in the morning." "Sounds good. See you tomorrow." "See you in the morning." I was super excited because Audrey was really fun and pretty but I don't know if I want to because of Brandy.
Later that night after dinner I called Gina because she was always with Brandy and maybe she told Gina something. "Has Brandy said anything about me and her?" "I hate to tell you these things dude, but she's already talking to other guys and she went out on a date tonight with Steven from the team." I sighed kind of in relief because then I didn't have to feel bad about Audrey. "Are you okay man?" "Yeah. I met this girl today, she lives down the street so her family had come over today and I felt bad that I liked her. But since Brandy is over it I guess I can be too." "Sounds just like you. On to the next innocent girl." We talked for about 2 hours until my mom needed the phone. "I'll call you tomorrow to here how it went with your new school and maybe new girl?" "Haha yeah. I'll talk to tomorrow. Tell everybody I said hey."