The Last Straw

I called Brandy and told her to get ready so we could go eat later at the Pizza Parlor and hang out. I was nervous because she told me her dad was strict and I'm scared a little.
I got to Brandy's house and her dad was outside with her mom. I took my time because I didn't know what to do. "You must be Tim? I'm Brandy's dad Frank." He shook my hand and Brandy came out. "Hey Tim lets go!" We left right away. "Did you have fun last night at the game?" "Yeah. I met your mom too. She was nice. I heard you got into a fight with John after the game?" "Yeah. Um he got mad he couldn't play and said some stuff and I kinda couldn't hold myself back." "Well I want to help you. You know, holding in your anger and stuff. I know your on a tight leash and might move away if you keep getting in trouble, and well you were the first person I met here and introduced me to your friends and it wouldn't be the same if you weren't here." We just sat in my truck for five minutes and listened to the radio and looked at everything and didn't really say much. "Tim I need to be home by 10 tonight." "Alright well Gina in having a party tonight. You could come for a couple minutes okay?" "Okay. But I don't want to ruin your night though. Since your my ride and everything." "It'll be fine. But if you don't want to go then I could drop you off before." She was silent for a while and started clenching her hands. She looked frustrated and wanted to say something but couldn't get it out. "Just take me home now. I don't want to ruin your night and I'm sorry if I already did but I don't want to be the party pooper so just take me home." "Are you sure? I won't go to the party if you want to hang out more together. I won't go if you don't want to go home." She started crying a little. "I'm sure, just take me home now. Please." We drove home and got to her house around 8:00pm. "Brandy I hope you had fun for the time that we were talking and not arguing. I'll come by after church tomorrow and you could come to my moms barbecue." She put her hand on my hand and finally said something, "I'll call you okay? I'm sorry about my flip out. I've just been emotional lately but I'll think about it I promise. Thank you for everything. I had fun." She kissed me on the cheek and got out. I watched her until I saw that she was inside and her dad came to the door and waved. I waved and backed up and headed to my house. Gina was on my porch and gave me a smile. "So, how was Brandy?" "Did my mom tell you?" She laughed and looked at me again for a while. "Tim everyone knows about you guys. The whole town dude, we all kinda hope this one last. Why didn't she come with you? Did you tell her about tonight?" "Yeah. She wasn't feeling it and we kind've argued about it." My mom came out and called us in. "Okay kids, I heard about this little party deal at Gina's tonight. I just want to let you guys know that if you guys do anything outrageous like ya'll usually do all hell will break loose in your lives." Gina and I looked at each other and laughed and then looked back at my mom. "Alright mom. We'll try." Me and Gina went up stairs and I showered and we left to her house to set up.
It was almost midnight and I had a few drinks and couldn't contain my anger once John and his friends showed up un-expectedly. "Hey Tim I heard you were going out with Brandy? Nice girl. That would just suck if something bad happened." I couldn't look straight and just started talking. "Look guys you need to back up because you freaks aren't gonna ruin anything before I ruin you. If you touch her or mess with her or me or any of my friends that'll be the end of you." They all laughed and then John stepped forward and tipped my glass all over me. "I know you Tim. All talk and no game. You ain't gonna try anything on us." Mark came up behind me and held me back. "Tim they ain't worth it man. Just back up and I'll go get you a shirt man." I went to go follow him but punched John on the way. Me and him started fighting on the ground and then again I knocked him out. He got up a few minutes later and his friends got him and left. We shut down the party and Mark took me home. I had a scrape on my cheek so Mark rushed me to my room and washed it up. "Dude that was horrible. I'll cover for you. I'll just tell everyone that I hit you to hard during a game at the party. Tell your mom that. I don't want you to leave." "Yeah dude. I'll talk to you at church tomorrow. Thanks for everything bro. I love you man." "I'll catch you tomorrow. Say your prayers man. You need them." We kinda laughed and I fell asleep.