Chapter 25: Emanuel the therapist

Alison:

I watched as Jhenes Toyota Corolla sped out of the complex and went down the street in her apartments direction as I thought to myself.

Why would she hide something like a date? I mean, she has been ranting for months about all her awful, awkward dates and the men weren't better. So what was so special? why didn't she want to tell me? I know that I'm not exactly the overexcited best friend who would ruin everything, so what was up?

I shook my head, forget about it Alison I coaxed myself out of these negative thoughts she just isn't ready yet, maybe this guy is special to her. well at least.

I walked up to my car and opened the door when I heard my name. I looked up to see Gary running up to me his face pleasant as it always was with me otherwise he was a stone cold man on a mission, those were two sides of him that I found attractive in him. Not that I was attracted to him, I just never saw us together more than friends. and he accepted that but still casually flirted, I didn't mind it.

"hey Alison" he greeted barely breaking a sweat." I didn't see you at Emanuel's party last night"

I had no idea that he was there, he did a good job in making himself scarce, although I wasn't looking for him.

"Oh I was there with someone but I- uh left early" I sorta lied. I wasn't exactly at that point with him where I would share my love life with him, although we were good friends it would just be plain awkward.

He smiled "Ok, must be some lucky guy" I laughed nervously, he continued, "I'll watch him for you" he said slight seriousness evident in his voice.

This shocked me.

"God no! there's no need for that!" I said .

"You sure? I mean I have my connections" he winked playfully.

I laughed at his cute gesture," I'm sure you do".

we were interrupted by a rude, " hey bitch". I turned to see Emanuel strutting towards us.

"Oh" he stopped and eyed Gary," And hello there, handsome" he winked at him who was very uncomfortable under Emanuel's stare.

Emanuel lost interest within the second and turned to me, " Where is Jhene? I've been trying to get her ", he waved his phone to show that he was trying to call her.

"I think she went home, why do you ask?"

He sighed a dramatic breath of relief," Oh thank god! I saw leave with a pile of hunk last night and you know I want all the details"

I would like some too.

"Oh and by the way I remember seeing you leave with your own too, was there a sale last night?"

I felt myself getting uncomfortable having this conversation around Gary who was silently listening.

"Ill dismiss myself" he said then waved a goodbye to me.

"Do you have any manners?" I asked Emanuel.

"Do I really have to answer that?" he laughed.

"ugh!"

He got a bit more serious.

"So Christopher Noble eh?"

"I thought you were too drunk to notice anything last night"

" Some things you don't forget, honey"

I laughed at his head and hand gestures.

"What about him?"

"He's a good man Alison, I've known for a few years now and I ve never seen anything like him, normal people would think he's a manwhore, hell I thought that, but as usual hes proved everyone wrong"

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked genuinely curious as to why he was giving me this information.

"Because I want to be able to give another man a chance even though you've been stabbed in the back by another"

I smiled, " Since when did you become such an advice giver?"

"Since something means so much to me, look you two deserve something good out of this life and you two deserve each other, so just let go"

"Thank you, Emanuel, who knew you'd become useful?"

"Bitch I'm always useful", he winked.

"You nasty!" I pushed him.

He laughed while he ran to his red Audi r8, "later bitch!"

**

I walked into my apartment with the thought of what Emanuel was telling me, maybe I should try letting go and Christopher an chance, he does seem like a pretty good guy and for someone so loaded he still manages to seem normal, which I am very appreciative of and kissing him last night proved a lot about as well, he didn't rush or try to bring it any further than what I felt comfortable with.

I put my bag down as Randy skipped over to me and I rubbed the back of his ear.

I continued in thought as I pet my dog.

Oddly, I wanted it to go further with Christopher, I know I might seem like the girl who wants to take things extremely slow but really, I didn't want to go there and end up being hurt, but Emanuel said had me thinking and I will try to relax.

now it was time to worry about Jhene and her mystery hunk.