Chapter 11: Dress to impress

Christopher POV -
I walked out of her office a happier man, with a big stupid smile on my face for everyone to see, well done Christopher I said to myself. well done indeed.

As I went through the hall, I saw Alison's friend, Dr.Clarkson standing in her doorway.

She slightly moved in front of me, to block my path.
"Hi, Christopher" she said a bit lowly maybe she didn't want Alison to hear what she was about to say.

"Hello Dr.Clarkson" I said, I was getting a tad nervous because of her watered down death stare.

"Call me Jhene" I nodded to that "look she my best friend ok? we've been through a lot together and I know she doesn't want a jackass of a man, she's not desperate enough to risk that ok? she's been through enough I don't want you breaking her heart... got that?" she said really concerned about Alison. But she didn't have to worry.

"You don't need to worry ok? I'll take care of her, I will never repeat whatever happened in her past relationships" I said reassuringly, I wonder what has happened? I can't wait for tonight, I can't wait to know her.

"Good, because trust me, you will wake up one morning without your testicles if you ever try a stunt like that ok, I don't care if your as protected as the president" she said more seriously.
"Ok... I promise" I said a bit frightened.

She was intense.

"Please take care of her" she said. I nodded assuringly she then stepped back in her door jam to let me pass. She went down to Alison's office almost immediately after I passed.

As I went through the hall I went to the receptionist to pay my bill. Well I did make an appointment so I need to pay up.

"Thank you for visiting Mr. Noble" she said.

I smiled then left.

I went towards the car that Hans was waiting in.

Time to buy me a tux.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alison POV -
He left my office not before smiling at me, oh that dazzling smile.

I was daydreaming when Jhene with her usual inquisitive self opened my office door and sat down in the chair that Christopher was just in.

"So?" she asked.

"So what?" I asked teasing, I knew exactly what she wanted to hear.

"What happened between you and Christopher!?" she asked frustrated.
"Nothing! only that he's coming to the party with me" I said smiling.

"OMG girl! you know what this means?"

"What?"

"You need to look HOT!" she winked.

"Oh, that means..." I started.

"...Your coming to my layer!" she finished my sentence referring to her apartment, in her bedroom to be exact.

She had all kinds of makeup, clothes, perfume and accessories in there, it was really her layer. I started calling it that after three weeks of moving in, I was visiting her and strolled into her bedroom... disaster.

"Oh gee I would really love to go but..." I started.

"But nothing! you have to buy clothes, hurry up its 2:00!" She said.

"And the office closes at 2:30" I informed.

"And thanks to your little boyfriend who left early we have more time to shop!" she countered my statement.

I huffed.

" Whatever just tell Britney we're closing early" I gave in.

"Yes!" she jumped up and skip out the door happily.

"Oh Britney!" I heard her distant voice outside. " were leaving early so get your shit together! it's time to partaaaay!" I heard chatter between them soon after. I face palmed myself. what have I gotten myself into?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Christopher POV-
"I hate that shirt" Jose made a face.

"Don't hate on the orange man" I replied posing in the mirror like superman.

We were currently shopping for clothes for Emanuel's party and I'm getting a lot of negative energy from Jose towards my dress styles, which, to be honest, were a little off today.

"Ha ha... don't fool yourself" Jose said nonchalantly.

"Dude Im nervous, I need to look my best for this thing" I said taking off a red and blue polka dot tie, ehh.

I've tried so many things here and Jose wouldn't just look up from his stupid phone!

"Dude why don't you wear blue? not to sound gay or anything, but it looks good on you" he said , he was on his phone the whole time.

"Why didn't you tell me dude? and I'm here making a fool of myself!" I looked around slowly to see a red haired girl looking at me smiling, she then shook her head and turned back to the cash register, she was talking to the cashier.

"I Told you" I said to him.

He then looked and winked at the redhead, she blushed then turned around.

I stood there thinking what shade to wear. just then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Is that how you greet your own mother and why haven't you replied to my email?" my mother said dramatically.
"Sorry mum, I'm kind of stuck on what to wear for this party thing" I said apologetically.
"Ooh it's about this girl isn't it?" she said teasingly." She must be special"
"Uhh yeah" I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.
"It's formal" I informed.
She was quiet.
"why don't you wear a royal blue shirt It would look dashing with that black suit I bought for you for that photo shoot" she said.
I thought about it for a while, It could work, I guess Jose was right.
"Ok thanks mum your the best" I said thankfully. Jose lifted his head from his phone when he heard me say 'mum'.
He came up and grabbed the phone from me.
'Hey! I was using that!" I said.
"Not anymore" he replied cockily.
He proceeded back to his chair, he loved ma as much as I did maybe even more.
"Hey ma" he started talking to mom. I shook my head and went to the racks to find what I'm wearing tonight.
This is your chance Chris, make it work.

*****************~****************
End of chapter 11!