Chapter 31: I spoke too soon

Chrisropher~

After Alison agreed to let me stay with her for a while I was estatic and I was determined not to let her regret it.

Yes I sound like a teenage kid but I cared about what she thought of me.

I was back in my hotel room, looking at the stuff I left exactly where they were, I was about to pack some of my clothes when I heard my computer beeping, I went towards it to find an email from an anonymous address:

You probably know who this is by now,so let's cut to the chase, I know you're still in Miami and you have something that I want, as usual. I have enough money, so figure it out before the 15th , or I take what's mine myself.

I read the email over and over trying to figure out what it was, he says he already has enough money so what the hell could it be?

I left immediately after noticing the date, today was the fourteenth.

**

I banged on the front door of José place, "Open the door this is serious!"

"What's wrong man?" , he said as he opened the door.

"He is threatening to take something from me if i dont give it him in time and I dont know what is" I told him as I went in.

"When did you get this message?" He asked as he followed me to the kitchen, I didn't know what to do.

"6 days ago" I said lowly.

"Why didnt you say something man!"

"Because I just saw it!" Ive spent the entire week with Alison and practically cut off the world, I didn't even remember the whole ordeal with Dane.

"Shit, I should be so mad at you right now man!"

"Whats going on here?" Jhene came towards the kitchen.

He looked at me and I nodded allowing him to tell Jhene, I needed all the help I could get with this.

"There have been threat made agaisnt him for his business or something I dont know", was José's reply.

"Is it just one person?"

"That's what we want to believe"

"Do you mind telling me a name? I guess I could try helping" she offered.

"Dane" I simply stated.

She looked like she saw a ghost, "Whats wrong?" I asked.

I heard her muttered under breath, "What is it?" I asked.

"Did you ever have this conversation with Alison ?"

"Kind of, why?"

"She has an ex boyfriend-" I remembered talking to Alison about her ex but I never did get his name, "his name is Dane too I don't know if there is connection"

I looked at Jose' ,"Have you called her since you left her apartment?"

"Yeah, on my way here" I assured but I want to call her back, I had a sick feeling in my stomach that she was what he wanted if he was who Jhene was implyimg him to be. As I went to call her, I asked, "Whats his last name?"

"Bromfields" she said.

"Go get her. Now!"Jose' excalimed as he ran to his room.

"Shit", I ran out of the house, phone on my ear.

**

Alison~

I came off the phone with Christopher after he told me he was going to visit José he made it sound like a normal visit but I could've sensed something wrong.

I shrugged it off and went to my room leaving a sleeping Randy to continue reading 50 shades of grey, so that my future TMI conversations with Jhene would make more sense to me. I closed the door behind me.

**

Five minutes into the book, I heard Randy bark. I sat up at high alert when I heard him whine and then a thump on the floor.

"Oh god" I said then as I was about to run to my phone my room door opened to reveal a large figured man who was noy Christopher.

"Hey Alison" Gary said.

I was stiff as a board at that moment the stone look in his eyes made me want to run.

"Why are you here?" I managed to ask without my voice cracking.

"Your with the wrong man, Alison", he said slowly almost as if he was crazy, his warm beautiful smile that had made my day during hard times was replaced by an evil one. It made me shudder.

"I thought we've-"

He laughed loudly, cutting me off, "There's no 'we' Alison and there never will be".

His loud laugh frightened me as he made me feel dumb for thinking he actually liked me.

The phone rang I glanced at the screen and saw Christopher's name. The phone exploded I jumped back and saw the smoking gun in Gary's hand, he shot my phone.

"Well, time to go" he said simply, "put on something more appropriate for the road" he referred to the large shirt I had on, Christopher's shirt.

"Ok" I said, this could be an opportunity.

"What? Go ahead!" He rushed me to get changed.

"Would you have at least the decency to turn around!" I said, now he wants to be a pervert.

He laughed then turned.

When he did I went to my drawer to take out sweatpants, as I did, I grabbed a pencil and shakily wrote on my white table "Gary" to who ever would come looking for me.

"Just pull on pants, damn it!" He shouted impatiently.

"Im done" I said the fear

"Lets go and dont try anything funny when we leave"

He was behind me leading me out with the gun pressed to my back, as I passed Randy on the floor, tears welled up in my eyes.

Was that going to happen to me too?