When I told you I love you, I knew I put myself in a mess I didn't ought to be in. I convinced myself that the reason I'm after you is only because of the bet. But I was wrong. God, I was so wrong. You had me attached from the very first beginning. But I couldn't get away. I did it for selfish reasons, but you loved me back for them. I know you have so many questions to ask and I will answer them for you... I hit the officer because he bad talked about my mother. I was the one who found her, Lis. And I just stood there, never shedding a tear. I was sixteen and she left me angry at the world for leaving without an explanation.

To be honest, I was mad at you. I was mad that you were able to look me in the eyes everyday and get reminded by my brother instead. I was mad because you suffered alone when I was there beside you, wanting to help. I was mad when you pushed me away and gave me no reasons in return. I was mad because I was mad at you. Because I didn't believe that two people where able to hurt me at once. You see, all I've done in my life was shut people away. I never opened my heart to anyone because I didn't think anyone deserved it. When my mother left, I couldn't find a reason for life anymore.  You showed me differently.

You stole my heart. And if you don't mind, I'd like you to keep it. Because if you ever leave, I won't have a heart to be broken.

I told you that when you wake up, I'll be there but I had to go. I'm coming back, I promise you. But I won't come back until I find the truth behind all of this. You deserve only good things in life but what did I do to deserve you in return?

I'll see you soon.
Adam

I grab the paper so tight that I'm afraid it might rip in my hand. I wipe my wet cheeks with the palm of my hand and read it again and again and again. With every line I read, I sob harder. Why would he leave? Again?

I get startled as Spencer opens the door heavily, eyes confused as he stares at me. "Lesley, what's wrong?" He nears me.

I try getting words out of my mouth but only fragments come out. I don't know why I'm crying so hard. Maybe it was because it was the last thing I expected. I thought we made up and that was it. But I was wrong.

"He left." And he took my heart with him. My breath ramps up. He places his hand on my good shoulder and illustrates, "deep breath in, deep breath out."

I do as I'm told and in seconds I feel better. "He said he will see me soon, Spence." I tell him and he flashes me a smile of sympathy.

"Maybe this time we are broken." I sink in my bed and shut my eyes close.

"Did he say why?" He asks. I open my eyes and sit straight again. "He was unclear. Here," I hand him the sheet. "Read the last part." He takes it and scans. Afterwards, he doesn't say anything. He just gives me a hug and never lets go. I allow it, as silent tears stream down.

"Did I come in a bad time?" We both turn to see Megan standing beside us. Spencer immediately backs away and I wipe my wet cheek with the palm of my hand. I smile, "no it's alright."

I cant tell that she doesn't believe me, so she keeps pushing. "Lis, what's wrong?"

"Don't, Meg." I warn. "I don't feel like talking about it again. I'll tell u later." I simply say.

She sighs. "I saw him before he left." My eyes jerk in her direction. "And what did he say? Did he tell you where he is going or something? Why didn't you wake me up and tell me he was going?" I sound like a parrot.

"He said he needs to fix things. But he'll be back." She weakly smiles and sits beside me on bed.

"See," Spencer says. "He will come back." Both of them are trying to make me feel better but I won't buy the reason he's giving. If he will come back, why did he leave in the first place?

I pull the blanket away from me and turn to stand up. "What are you doing?" Megan's eyes widen. She holds my other hand as my bare feet hit the cold tile.

"I need to find him," I say through my teeth.

"Are you mad, women?" Spencer looks confused. "You just got shot. And the only thing you need is to lay back in bed so we can pamper your stubborn ass."

I glare at him. He shakes his head. "No, this time you aren't shutting me up with that look of yours." He makes his way to me. "Lay back," he then orders.

"No." I dryly reply.

"I definitely agree with him," Megan interferes. "Lay back."

"Sit." His voice comes out serious. I do what I'm told.

"You guys suck." I sulk. "I'm not sitting around here, waiting for him to return. I need to find him. First, I'll slap him then hug him. Because he can't keep doing this to me." I sigh.

"Whether you're with me or not, I'm leaving this hospital. If not today, then tomorrow."

They both share a stutter look. "We got your back," Megan warmly smiles.