When he got the day off, we ignored each other. But there were situations we couldn't. Every time we couldn't avoid each other, it turned into another hissing and spatting at each other. He was still angry at me but hey, I was mad too. I know what I said was wrong but it was the truth. He couldn't decide about my life. It's my life. 

On saturday my father got the day off work again. My mother went to the grocery store and she had many things to do, which is why she wasn't at home.

"I'm out. I'll be back at around six", I called out to my father. He didn't answer me. "Yes, gonna miss you too jerk..", I muttered as I went outside.

I plugged in my earphones and turned up the volume. While Of Mice & Men blasted through my playlist, I just walked. I didn't have a plan where I'd go, I just walked.

Eventually I arrived at the cemetery. I didn't even notice I've been walking for so long. I saw Oliver standing at my brother's gravestone. As I took out my earphones I walked up to him.

"Hi", I just said.

"Hey", he replied short.

"You're here very often, aren't you?", I smiled at him and he shrugged.

"From time to time."

We both sat down in front of the stone on the floor, not even caring about our clothes getting dirty. 

"Why are you still ignoring me?", I managed to bring out.

At first he didn't answer at all. But then he let out a sigh. "You wouldn't understand, Cass", he muttered.

"I wouldn't understand what? Why don't you just try and explain it to me?", I replied frustrated.

He didn't answer.

"You're just like my father. You're all keeping something from me, my mother too. No one's thinking about telling me the truth or anything! It's like you're not even giving me any chance to understand", I added as I felt tears appear in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away.

"Cedric and I were best friends", Oliver explained not looking at me.

I gave him a confused look.

"At the incident, where you've lost your memory, I was there. The doctor said you shouldn't be tackled about what happened so I had to stay away from you. Of course Cedric and I would talk from time to time, we texted each other and phoned each other but couldn't visit each other", he continued as he looked at the sky. "Basically he said it was his fault that you lost your memory. He thought I'd hate him for that since we were pretty close friends too. Although I was feeling guilty too, I wasn't mad at your brother at all. He went through some real shit and got deeper and deeper into this hole. I have no idea how he managed to keep it a secret from you and your parents but they didn't notice how depressed he actually was. I knew it. As I found out about his self harming or drug addiction, I got so mad at him that we got into a fight. It was the last conversation we had. I was basically yelling at him. Telling him what an selfish idiot he was. Then I hung up. And later that evening your mother called me and told me he drove his car against a wall and didn't make it."

Silence.

Well, what was I supposed to say? I parted my lips, ready to reply something. Anything. But I just didn't know how to.

"I should've stopped him. Or at least try it", he added. His voice was shaking, I could tell. He was crying. For the first time, I could recall, he was crying. Although all this time he lived with this guilty feeling while additionally being judged and bullied by everyone. He must've felt so fucking lonely and worthless.

"It's not your fault", I muttered. He gave me a surprised look.

"But I-", he wanted to say but I pulled him into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and lightly pressed myself against him.

"It's not your fault. If he really felt that way, you wouldn't have been able to stop him, even if you tried. And you couldn't know how things would turn out", I murmured.

"Why aren't you mad at me? I mean, you must hate me..", Oli whispered.

"No, I don't. I'm not mad at you, not at all", I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder.

After some time, we went home again. On the way Oliver's mobile phone rang.

Oliver's POV:

Number unknown? I accepted the call and held the phone close to my ear.

"Hello?", I said.

"Am I speaking with Oliver Scott Sykes?", a male voice asked me.

"Um.. yes. Who is this?", I asked back.

"This is Dr. McGovan. Your mother is in hospital and to be honest... it doesn't look too god for her", the man sighed.

I stopped walking immediately and the phone slipped out of my hand. I didn't even care. I didn't bother picking it up from the ground as I turned around and started to run.

"Oli? Where are you going?!", Cassandra shouted after me. I didn't answer her, I was focused on getting to the next bus stop as soon as possible. Cassandra followed me and as I arrived at the bus stop I read on the schedule that one would arrive in two minutes.

Cass stopped next to me and panted heavily. "What the fuck, dude? You can't just run off like nothing!", she muttered rather pissed and gave me my mobile phone. "Could you tell me what the hell is going on?"

"My mother is at the hospital."

After a few minutes we arrived at the hospital. I quickly walked inside and asked some of the doctors where my mother was and how she was doing.

"So you're Oliver Sykes, right?", the doctor just asked as he looked through some papers. Oh god, what are these people doing?!

"For the third time, yes! Now where's my mother?!", I asked angry. My mum was probably fighting death now and these idiots kept me waiting with stupid questions? If I wouldn't get an answer right now..

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder and looked over to Cassandra. The doctor looked over to her and asked her who she was. Bloody hell, if he keeps on with this bullshit, I'm going to murder him. 

"I'm a friend. But that's not important right now. Just tell us which room Mrs. Sykes is in", Cass sighed. 

"You can't see her. She's currently in the OR", the doctor answered.

"Then how is she doing?", Cassandra asked. She was obviously faking her calmness, but she was more successful at it than me.

"I'm sorry but I don't know that, you'll have to wait for Dr. McGovan." Right after he finished the sentence a doctor walked up to us.

"Mr Sykes?", he asked me.

I nodded.

"Dr. McGovan", he introduced himself as he held out a hand but I didn't accept it.

"What's with my mother?", I just asked and tried to keep as calm as possible.

"I'm afraid to tell you this but she didn't make it."