Episode 18

I was laid on my bed when my phone rung, I look at caller ID and see it's Lizzie. I sigh waiting for what's going to come. I press the accept call button and bring it to my ear.

"Um hey Lizzie."

"Adam." The line goes quiet before I speak.

"I'm sorry Lizzie, I really am."

"I know you are but I don't think we can be together anymore." I sigh abut I do agree.

"I guess, friends?" I ask and she laughs.

"Friends." She agrees and we talk for a bit, I don't think the relationship was great anyway. I have no idea what to do about Demi, there's not much I can do with me being her daughters friend at the moment. Should I just tell her? I walk downstairs and to my mom, I explain to her what happened.

"So do you think I should just tell Demi the truth?" I ask and she sighs thinking about it.

"It's a risk," I agree but I don't know what else to do. "Give it a go." She says and I smile. I give her a quick peck on the cheek and head out the door, I'm on a mission! I stand outside the house and become nervous, what if she thinks I'm lying and playing a trick on her? What if she screams at me and shit, I take a deep breath and knock on the door. The door opens to reveal my wife.

"Oh hey again Adam, Shanice is out with Mia at the park if you want to join them."  She says and I smile hearing her voice.

"Actually can I talk to you?" I ask making her seem surprised, she nods and lets me in. We both sit on the couch and I turn to look at her, I take a deep breath and say it.

"Demi my name isn't Adam." She seems shocked that I called her Demi rather than Miss Jonas or something else more suitable for a 16 year old to call a adult.

"Well what is it then?" She asks and I take in another deep breath needing it.

"Joseph Adam Jonas." I say looking at her.

"You have the same name as my husband." I sigh, she doesn't understand.

"Demi I' am your husband, it's me Joe." I say holding her hands and looking in her eyes. She looks back into mine but only for a second before she looks away and looks away.

"Y-you're not! I don't believe you!"

"I am! I promise." I reply

"Y-you can't be!" She stammers looking at me.

"And why not?" I ask

"Because he's a jerk and your sweet and kind." I look down realizing it's the truth, I need to be this Joe all the time and not just because this happened.

"I know but I'm telling you the truth Demetria Devonne Lovato." She turns to me quickly.

"How did you name my full name?"

"Because I'm your husband! I've known you for years!"

"This is stupid, you can't be him, your 16!"

"Just let me explain."

"No!" She starts screaming random things saying she doesn't believe me. I watch her lips as she speaks the words that are tearing my heart into a million pieces, I have to stop her. I grab the side of her face gently and crash my lips on to hers.