Chapter Seventy-Five

Depuis le début

I strip down our bed completely and take the trash can and tie it up. I take our bed stuff to the garage and put it in the washer. Then I take out the trash and Willow comes back down with a bag full of stuff that I know can't possible just be clothes.

"Did you put toys in your bag?" I laugh as I pick it up and put it on the kitchen table, it's quite heavy for a bag for three days.

"Only a couple, Dad. I putted my lamb and my blanket too." She adds in.

I smile a little, she plops down in a kitchen chair, laying her head on the table.

Buttercup comes running into the kitchen and starts mewing loudly once he realizes we are in the kitchen and he has no food. He's obviously ticked off with his sudden abandonment.

"Buttercup told me that him is mad we left him and didn't feed him." Willow tells me as I scoop some food into a bowl and Buttercup runs over, digging in.

I chuckle, "He told you all that?"

She nods, a hint of a smirk on her face.

"Did you?" I ask him, patting him on the head.

Willow smiles a little at me and I return it.

"Do you think you can be a good girl and go watch tv or play in your room while I take a super quick shower?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Because I haven't taken a shower in two days and Momma is gonna kick me out of her room if I smell bad-don't you think?" I joke.

"Probably so but if her does you can come live with me, Daddy." Willow says.

I chuckle, "Thanks. We will have to remember that when I'm old." I wink.

She looks at me.

"You are old though."

I scoff, "I'm not that old."

I go up the stairs and she follows me into our bedroom.

She nods her head, "Yes huh. Momma says you are."

"Momma doesn't know what she's talking about." I tease.

Willow giggles, "Mommy knows everything."

"So do I." I laugh.

She shakes her head, "You don't know how to sing real pretty to me when I'm sad."

I smile sadly, "I can't sing as pretty as Mommy but I could sing."

Her face drops, "Then will you sing to me now? Because I'm really sad." Willow says, her voice cracking.

Tears stroll down her little cheeks.

I frown and walk over, picking her up and sitting in her place. I hold her in my arms and she cries. I can't help but to tear up too at her sudden outburst.

I hate that we are going through this and I wish I could be here for Willow but I just can't leave Katniss by herself.

What if I wouldn't have been there last night when she couldn't breathe?

I don't want to think about it.

"Willow, I promise that everything is alright." I mumble softly to her.

"I don't care. I want Momma to be home and I want the baby to be with her too." She cries.

"Momma will be home in a few days and the baby is just fine." I assure her.

She looks up at me with tears streaming down her cheeks, "I just want them to be here already. I want my sister or brother already."

"I know you do but they still have awhile before than are ready to get here."