Chapter 78/Resistance/Sirenum Scopuli

A/N: 450,000 reads 30,000 Votes does life get any better? Apparently not.  Seriously check out SciKick things are hotting up out there. We are continuing with another couple of attempts as doing things the Wattpad way and checking out more a couple of micro POVs

1930 great depression hobo on train/Living Exhibition Of Western Cliched Stereotypes/The Museum Of Humanity/Washinton 2.0 (Area formally known as Nebraska ) 

CPU's POV

"It burns! I feel like my soul has been tied to a mast near the Sirenum scopuli" Rockwood said screaming. 

"Now hold on there partner," I said. I was in my Jimmy body - he saw the figure of an old wizened man. A hobo who had seen too many years, done to many things, made too many mistakes. It was the most plane speaking voice I had. "I don't know a gad dang thing about where that gad dang hoop lass has got to but I know that screaming like a banshee isn't going to do a gad dan thing about it." 

Too many 'gad dang's ?  I lied of cause, I know that the Sirenum scopuli were three small rocky islands where the Sirens of Greek mythology lived and lured sailors to their deaths and he was like Odysseus tied to a mast. I know it because like him, I am the internet and I know everything, everything ever recorded. What's the point in having a persona if I don't stay in character? That would be boring.

"VISITORS TO THE MUSEUM OF HUMANITY ARE REMINDED THAT THE MUSEUM WILL CLOSE IN 15 MINUTES. IF YOU HAVE ENJOYED YOUR VISIT WHY NOT HAVE A LOOK ROUND THE GIFT SHOP AND TAKE A PERIOD SLAVE HOME WITH YOU? SPECIAL OFFER TODAY, TWO PERIOD SLAVES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE ON ANCIENT EGYPT, ANTEBELLUM COTTON WORKER AND 1990'S SOCCER MOMS" interrupted the museum speakers system.

"Zola! Zola is hiding her!" he protested. " She is blocking the scanners. I know it: She is keeping her from me. That bitch will be crushed if it's the last thing I do!" 

"You need to do something to find the girl, not waste your time hiding up here" I said. The entire capital of Washington 2.0 was more full of hog swallow about Rockwood's missing pet than a geisha's spittoon.

"You don't know !" Rockwood said again " You don't know how much I miss her, how much I need her" The walls were cracked where he had punched them in frustration.

"VISITORS ARE ASKED TO NOT FEED THE SLAVES REENACTING THE  1840 IRISH  POTATO FAMINE AS THIS INTERRUPTS THE AUTHENTICITY OF THEIR HUNGER"  museum speakers bleared out. It really did interrupt the whole feel of the boxcar exhibition.

"I believe you partner" I said. I did I really did.

"Why didn't you warn me of this?" he shouted at me.

I wanted to say "I burnt the blood of a thousand slaves to stop that bill. You can't blame me if Zola burn up the blood of ten thousand more to get her. She's getting secret supplies of blood from some where." but that wouldn't be in character.

"Partner I'm just a hobo I don't know everything, and as you said 'The girl is not on the critical path'" I said.

I was upfront about the critical path, we had a plan we had formulated and I was hoping that If I mentioned it all plain like this he would break out of this. I had never seen him so upset.

"She's on MY critical path. Where is Zola getting that much the blood from?" he demanded. I knew Rockwood, if he had any inkling where she and General Bitmarck where getting their blood from he would drive over there and burn the place down. We are smart machines, we are smart enough to not weaken our selves by going to war but sometimes all this kissy foot assassination games the boy and girl cyborg's like to play isn't enough to keep those monkey brains of theirs happy.

"We don't know, we may never know." I said. Well that wasn't an out right lie. There where 4,392,212 possibilities. If I moved against any one of them Bitmarck would move the stockpile again. He was smart enough to know, I was smart enough to know, he was smart enough, to know, I knew it.

Rockwood punched the boxcar wall again. It was 3mm from where I predicted it would be. This girrrrl fever was affecting his judgment.

"A SMALL CHILD ANSWERING TO THE NAME OF JENNY HAS BEEN FOUND WANDERING THE EXHIBITION AREA. IF YOU HAVE LOST A SMALL CHILD YOU ARE REMINDED  CHILDREN LEFT UNATTENDED  WILL BE REMOVED AND DESTROYED  FOR SECURITY PURPOSES" said another announcement. Hmm more work. 

"There must be something I can do to find her," said Rockwood desperately. "What am I not thinking of?"

"Brooklyn may I remind you we are on the god dang critical path here. You're already spending all your fortune on the biggest runaway slave hunt in history to find her" I said. Ok, a bit out of character but time was running out.   

"I have it - bounty hunters. There are 256 freelance bounty hunters over eastern part of America. I'm going to contact them. If anyone can find a run away slave girl it's them. I'll make sure it's alive and untouched only. Yes, human mercenaries that's the answer. "

"Partner your going to find her. I promise you that." I said.

"You know that ? you've computed it? " said Rockwood grabbing me looking like a man possessed.

"Partner leave the threads alone. You know Moore's prophecy that's the only future there is," I said looking at him all serious like.

"I'm sorry. I'm freaked out" said Rockwood gaining his sanity again. You don't see love sick like that every day. I'm basically a machine, I'm 10,000 times smarter than a human and 25 times smarter than Rockwood and about 10 times smarter than the smartest A.I's like Wintermute, that's why the machines make me the central processing unit. I'm basically alone in the universe, I quite envied Rockwood's all-encompassing passion for that girl no matter how mad it made him.

"I don't need no fancy adding machine to tell me you're going to find her. What you've got to figure out is what your going to do to make sure what ever nasty seed Zola planted about you doesn't spring up and bite you in the ass, partner" I said. 

"THE MUSEUM OF HUMANITY LIVING EXHIBITION OF WESTERN CLICHED STEREOTYPES WILL BE CLOSING IN FIVE MINUTES," said the museum's announcement system. "WILL ALL VISITORS HAVE THEIR FINAL INTERACTIONS WITH THE CULTURAL STEREOTYPE SLAVES. Thank you."

"I have to go now, I have bounty hunters to organise." said Rockwood.

"IN FIVE MINUTES ALL SLAVES WILL BEGIN THEIR NIGHT TIME ROUTINES APPROPRIATE TO THERE CULTURE AND HISTORICAL PERIOD. GOOD NEWS MEDIEVAL KNIGHTS, TOMORROW'S REENACTMENT OF THE  BLACK DEATH HAS BEEN CANCELLED. HAVE A NICE EVENING"

"You do that, and you mosey on down to the old 30's hobo grabbing a ride on a train any time you like. Now if you don't mind I have a can of beans to eat " I said.

Rockwood jumped off the simulation of a boxcar train. I sat down, that monkey seriously pined after that gal something pitiful like. The question for me was what Zola wanted her for so badly, I had a guess, but I don't think Rockwood would have liked to have heard that one. 

***

A/N We thought we would repeat that yes we are using the #JustwriteIt mode of working. If you don't believe us check out the first 21 chapters of freshly checked and upgraded text. If you liked Jenny and the spider we think you're going to like the next chapter.  Hugs RK+REb