Chapter 4: Lovely Ladies

Start from the beginning

"Where were you two?" She hissed.

"Hello to you too." I joked.

Joanna giggled, but we both quickly stopped noticing her death stare.

"Well?" She asked, tapping her feet.

"We woke up late." I stated.

She rolled her eyes. "I told you to not get too drunk." 

"You actually told us to not be hungover today; which we aren't. We're both perfectly sober." I stated with a wide grin.

Elizabeth started stuttering, realizing that I outsmarted her. She then glared over at us, but her expression quickly softened.

"Ugh, I can't stay mad at you. This is the first time seeing you guys in forever." She stated, wrapping her arms around us. Joanna and I both hugged her, and the three of us stayed in that position for what seemed like forever. We all parted though at the sound of a cough.

My eyes widened slightly, before narrowing at the sight of the two figures in front of me, Elizabeth's grandmother and cousin. I noticed from the corner of my eyes that Joanna were mimicking my exact motions while Elizabeth smiled pleasantly at the two.

"Nana, Vicky, you remember Harley and Joanna right?" She asked, not noticing the obvious tension.

"Nana, Victoria, it's so great to see you again." I stated in a sickly sweet voice.

I saw Elizabeth's grandmother visibly flinch when I called her Nana, which only made me smirk.

"It's been so long. We should all sit together and share stories just like old times!" Joanna added on with a devious smirk of her own.

Nana had a tight smile on her face. "Of course… It's been a while since I've seen you ladies. I thought we would never see each other again."

"I wish." I muttered.

"What did you say?" Nana snapped.

"Nothing." I stated with a smile.

"Right. Well Nana, we should get back to the others." Victoria stated, putting her arms around her grandmother and began leading her away.

"It's so great to see you Vicky! We should hang out some time. Maybe hit up the beaches and get something to drink." I stated loudly.

"Sorry I don't drink." She called back, and turned around to give me a warning look.

"Could have fooled me." Joanna stated just as loud.

Elizabeth stared at both of us with slight uneasiness. "What was that?" She tried stating it in a casual way, but I knew her better than that.