Chapter Twenty

Heeey!! Guess what I've got for you? Another update!!!

Surprise.

Enjoy. xx

~Please excuse any and all mistakes.~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, it was Raegan's birthday. I had my arm around her shoulders as my mom brought a large cake out of the kitchen, the candles blazing.

Raegan smiled glancing around at everyone sitting, or standing since we were short on seats, around the table. Eric, Maria, Aunt Jen, Courtney, Carter, her Aunt Clara, and even Jack were at my house for Raegan's party.

At first she was hesitant to even have a party, but I convinced her that it was good idea. We'd be traveling to Oregon tomorrow to get her things, and I figured it would be nice to have a fun night before, she had to face her family.

"Happy Birthday to you!" I sung along with everyone else, squeezing her arm gently, a small smile on my face. She laughed, her face bright red, as she buried her head in her hands.

"Happy Birthday dear Raegan!" We shouted.

"Happy Birthday to youuuu." We finished. Raegan gave us all a cheesy smile before dramatically blowing out all candles. We cheered loudly, and started helping her remove the eighteen candles from the cake, so we could cut it.

Jack reached over and ruffled her hair gently. "Happy birthday little sis."

She frowned a bit, reaching up to fix her hair. "That was almost sweet, you just had to ruin it by messing up my hair." She grumbled, but she had a small smile on her face.

Suddenly Jack was shoved out of the way, and Clara was reaching down to wrap her arms around Raegan. I removed my arm to give them space.

"Happy Birthday sweetie!!" She cooed. Raegan laughed and hugged her back as best she could. It looked a tad awkward with the way they were positioned, but I was glad Raegan had Clara. She was an extremely supportive and positive person.

"Thanks Aunt Clara." Raegan smiled.

"Alright, cake time!!" Aunt Jen squealed in excitement. I laughed a little as my mom started cutting it. Aunt Jen as been a lot better this week, she's not as uptight and bossy. She has actually been pretty laidback; in a crazy kind of way.

Raegan was handed the first piece of cake, and then the rest of us were handed ours. We laughed and talked as we ate.

"So, Clara, Casper tells me that you're an artist?" My mom questioned, trying to make conversation. Everyone turned to look at Clara expectantly. She smiled and nodded her head.

"That I am. I've actually got an opening in a few days." Clara said, taking a sip of water.

"Wow, you mean like in gallery?" Maria asked. Clara nodded her head proudly.

"Yeah, apparently some important person saw my art, and they liked it." Clara explained. "The next thing I know, my art is being presented at a gallery."

"Wow, that's great Aunt Clara." Jack exclaimed. Jack and Clara seem to be the only family members of Raegan's that are supportive of her career choice.

When we were all finished it was time for the presents. "Okay everyone, present time!" Maria stated clapping her hands together in excitement. We all moved to the living room, so we'd be more comfortable.