Chapter Eighteen

Hey guys, so I've been having a major case of writers block lately.

It sucks.

Also, I couldn't get on my computer for a while. Sorry this took a few days' to get posted.

Anyways enjoy, Chapter Eighteen. Oh, and also I have something I want to tell you guys' at the end, so please read it.

Btw, I'm extremely tired and trying to edit this and incase you didn't know, that is not a good combination at all. But, I seriously want to update for you guys.

So,

~Please excuse any and all mistakes because, there are probably quite a few~

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Casper, wake up!" Somebody hissed, poking me in the side. I groaned and rolled over.

The hard ground beneath me, served as a reminder to the fact that I slept on the floor last night. I opened an eye and saw Courtney staring at me with an anxious look on her face. I glanced at the clock and groaned loudly.

"Court, it's seven in the morning, can't this wait until later." I pleaded. I closed my eyes again, and she prodded me harder in the side.

"Casper, someone's downstairs with mom." She whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked incredulously.

"I can just barely hear their voices, I can't make out what their saying." She exclaimed. I sat up, and listened hard. I could barely hear the murmer of voices, drifting through the floorboards. I gave Courtney a confused look.

"Maybe it's the TV." I suggested but, Courtney adamantly shook her head.

"It's not." She responded. I shot her a pointed look and got to my feet. I stretched, and heard several parts of my body crack. Court wrinkled her nose at me.

"Don't give me that look, I slept on the floor last night." I whispered, she rolled her eyes and gestured towards the door. I tip-toed out and quietly walked down the stairs. I skipped the stair that always creaks and started making my way to the kitchen, since that's where the voices sounded like they were coming from.

I leaned against the wall, and told myself that I wasn't eavesdropping I just wanted to see who she was talking to. It eased the guilt a little but, not by much.

"Thank you so much for coming. You have no idea how much this means to me." I recognized my moms' voice. She sounded like she was on the verge of tears. "The kids' are being so brave but, I know the divorce is taking it's toll on them." She sniffled. I suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable listening to the conversation that was taking place.

"Aw, sweetie, I'm your sister. You should have called me as soon as it happened. You know I would've been here in a instant." A familiar voice spoke. No way. "I know we've had our problems in the past but, I will always be here for you Susie." I slowly backed away from the kitchen, not wanting to interrupt them. I raced back upstairs to my room and, found Courtney waiting expectantly for me.

"Well, who is it?" She exclaimed smacking my arm, as I sat next to her. "Is it a guy? Omg is mom dating someone?" She asked worry lacing her words.

"Court, calm down, it's not a guy." I said laughing a little. She dramatically took a big breath and shot me an expectant look.

"Okay, now tell me. I need to know Casper, stop messing with me." She whined shaking me. I laughed and held my arms up in a placating gesture.