Chapter Eleven

Hola guys. 

I'm sooo tired.

But...

I have another update for yoooou. I should be updating a lot more because, I have the next two weeks off for Christmas break. Yay!

Anyways here is Chapter Eleven. Enjoy. (x

~Please excuse any and all mistakes~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later I found myself standing in Raegan's hotel with a paint brush in hand. It wasn't the kind of paint brush you use to paint a picture, instead it was the kind you use to paint a house. 

I frowned at it, not exactly sure why I was holding it. Glancing at Maria and Eric I saw they looked just confused as I felt. Turning my attention back to Raegan I raised my eyebrows in question. She clapped her hands together excitement radiating off of her. 

"Alright, I know you guys are probably really busy but, I need your help." She said glancing at the three of us.

"What exactly do you need help with?" Maria asked a little suspiciously.

"Well...I haven't told you this but, my aunt lives here-" She started but, was cut off by Eric.

"Wait a second, if your aunt lives in town why are you staying at a hotel?" Eric asked baffled. She rolled her eyes and shot him a look that quelled any other questions he might have had.

"Maybe if you let me explain you'd find out." She snapped in a sickly sweet tone. I suppressed my grin and cleared my throat to keep from laughing. She shot me a look at the noise and I instantly held my hands up in a placating gesture.

"Please continue madam. You've got our attention." I stated teasing her a little. She rolled her eyes but, I saw a hint of a smile.

Ever since the little drawing expedition I tried out last week with her she's been surprisingly nicer. I mean I could tell she was starting to thaw the ice around her heart before but, suddenly it's like she's completely defrosted. At least...she is with me; Eric is another matter.

She hasn't tried going farther then her waist in the water but, I think she just has to prep herself before she takes the plunge.

And I don't blame her.

"Alright well the reason I'm not staying with my aunt is, her and my dad...don't really get along." She started. "Yesterday she called me. She needs help painting her house and well, it's a lot of work for two people so, I was hoping you guys' would help me out. It's completely okay if you can't, since this is last minute and all-"

"I'm in." I said cutting off her flustered speech. I would have let her continue out of pure entertainment but, I was starting to feel a little pity for her. 

"I'm in too." Maria said happily. We all looked at Eric and he let out a loud sigh.

"Really dudes. You do know that this is considered peer pressure right?" He whined glancing at all of us. We stared at him expectantly and he let out a little sigh of defeat before muttering, "Alright, alright I'm in."

Raegan's shoulders slumped in relief as a smile crossed her face. "Thanks, I really appreciate this." I grinned throwing an arm around her shoulder.

"What are friends for?" I asked cheekily. She rolled her eyes and shrugged my arm off her shoulder. 

Okay so maybe she hasn't thawed completely.