Chapter Six

Hey guys! So just a couple things:

1.) The cover of the song Stand by Me by Ka'au Crater Boys' is linked above if you want to listen to it!!

2.) Sorry it took a while to get this chapter out. I've been a little busy. :(

3.) Enjoy!!!

~Please excuse any and all mistakes~

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Are you blackmailing me?" I asked in shock. Raegan glanced at me thoughtfully before nodding her head slowly.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing." She said simply.

*18 hours earlier*

Any progress I had thought I'd made with Raegan this morning quickly disappeared as we started the surfing lessons that afternoon. I'd taught her everything I could possibly teach her on land now we needed to get in the water. Only one problem, she refused to go in the water.

"Raegan if you want to learn to surf you need to get into the water." I exclaimed in frustration. She rolled her eyes crossing her arms defiantly.

"I know that but, I'm telling you I'm not ready." She snapped. I sighed as the conversation kept going in circles.

"I've taught you everything I could possibly teach you on land now, you need to learn in the water." I explained for the fifth time.

"No." She said simply, for the fifth time. I rubbed my temples trying to ward off the headache I felt coming on. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"Fine, we're done for the day."

"Fine." She snapped ready to walk off.

"Hey wait!" I exclaimed stopping her in her tracks.

"Are you coming to the bonfire tonight?" I asked curiously my frustration starting to melt away. Raegan narrowed her eyes and shrugged a shoulder.

"I don't know, maybe. Are you?" She asked. Uh yeah I was going! It was the biggest party of the year. We build a huge bonfire out on the beach and some people go night surfing during it. There was no way I was going to miss it. And it just so happens that Eric happened to tell Raegan about it at breakfast today. Thanks a lot man.

"Yeah I am." I responded. Raegan nodded her head awkwardly before walking off. I took the boards back to the shack and glanced at the time. 5:00 pm. The party starts at 11:00 and normally ends around 2:00 or 4:00 am.

I met my mom at the parking lot and threw my board on top of her jeep before tying it down.

We climbed into the cherry red jeep and she started the car.

"So I need you to babysit tonight." She stated. My stomach dropped and my head snapped towards her.

"What! Mom I can't, I'm busy tonight. Why can't Court do it?" I exclaimed in frustration.

"Because, Courtney has been babysitting all week." She explained calmly.

"I've been working!" I said in exasperation. My mom sighed as we pulled up to a red stoplight.

"Please Casper." She pleaded shooting me a desperate look. I sighed mumbling alright. I looked out the window feeling angry and than started feeling guilty for being angry. She pulled into the driveway and turned towards me.