Chapter Twenty-four

Hey guys! I've got another update for you.

Hope you enjoy. xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The warm breeze ruffled my hair, as I clasped Raegan's hand. I could feel the nerves and fear pumping through my veins, creating some crazy concoction that I think is adrenaline. My brain isn't really working due to the fact, that I'm standing on the edge of a forty foot cliff.

To a person with a fear of heights, however, it looks more like a million feet. Every muscle in body was taut with anxiousness and expectance.

It's been a couple weeks, since the trip to Oregon, and school is going to start in the next week. Raegan and I are going to be starting our senior year together; it's crazy to even think about it.

But, not as crazy as what I'm about to do. Raegan declared that since I helped her get over her fear of the ocean, she'd help me with my fear of heights. Her solution was to go cliff diving.

How she managed to convince me to participate, I've no idea. Actually scratch that, she's got me wrapped around her finger. And, I wasn't ashamed to admit it .

"Alright we can do this." She stated a large, excited smile on her face, as she squeezed my hand in reassurance. Uh no, no I cannot.

I most definitely cannot do this.

"Uhm, Raegan I just remember that I forgot to feed my cat so..." I trailed off, stepping away from the edge, but she kept a firm grip on my hand.

"You don't even have a cat Casper." She sighed in exasperation. I groaned loudly, and gave her the largest puppy dog eyes I could muster.

"You're not getting out this." She reprimanded me lightly. "You've got to face your fears." She stated in a playfully haughty voice.

"Raegan." I groaned. She just shook her head, and pulled me towards her.

She hugged my waist, and laid her chin on my chest, so she could look up into my eyes.

"Watch me okay." She said softly quoting what I'd told her, when I brought her into the water. I'm actually surprised she remember that to be honest. I swallowed thickly, and nodded my head. "I'm gonna count to three." She told me.

I started thinking about the events that had passed over the last couple of weeks as she started counting.

"One Mississippi," She started.

I thought back to the day after, that night we talked about her Dad. I remember my feeling of uneasiness. I knew what I had to do, but I had been dreading it.

I picked up the phone and twirled it in my hands, not quite sure if I could it. I dialed the number, my finger hovering over the send button. I pursed my lips, my hands shaking.

Screw it.

I hit the send button, and brought the phone up to my ear. It rang three times, before the someone picked up.

"Hello?" A woman's voice echoed through the receiver. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and looked down to make sure I had dialed the right number.

"Uh hi, sorry, who is this?"  I asked.

"This is Katie, who is this?" The voice responded. Who's Katie?

"This is Casper...Reynolds." I answered. Their was silence on the other line for several seconds.

"Oh." She said obviously in shock. "O-of course, can you give me a minute?" She asked a little shaky.