Chapter 2

Kaia's P.O.V

I woke up and grabbed my phone, "I'm sorry.. Goodnight, Kaia." I read the message Theo sent last night. I continued going through my social medias and decided it was time to get up. "Liam, breakfast!" I yelled up to him, our mom and step dad already left for work as usual. "Morning." He said sleepily. "Morning. You excited for the game tonight?" I asked smiling. "Yeah." He replied a bored tone filling his voice. "You don't sound so excited. What's up?" I said concerned. "Because of who we're playing against and I'm going to want to flip out when I see Brett." He said. I nodded, "You'll be okay." I answered. I noticed the time and was about to tell Liam to hurry up but there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." He sighed trudging to the door, I laughed at him as I washed our dishes quickly.

"Yeah, come in." I heard Liam say. "Liam, who is it?" I asked loud enough for him to hear. "It's Theo, his car won't start so he wanted to know if we could give him a ride. I said we could." He explained walking into the kitchen with Theo following. "Oh ok, hi Theo." I said continuing to do the dishes. "Liam, go get your stuff, grab my bag too please." I said. He nodded, I feel bad that I'm always acting like I'm his mom but our mom is always working so I've just started acting like one. "How are you?" Theo asked once Liam was out of earshot. "Listen, I'm fine and I don't want you to treat me like I'm some over sensitive baby. I shouldn't of told you that last night." I said as nicely as possible. "Told him what?" We heard Liam ask from the entrance of the kitchen. "I said some stuff about Brett." I paused watching him give Theo a disapproving look. "Let's go. We don't want to be late." I said softly. "Thanks." I added on grabbing my stuff from him.

"Come on." Liam said putting his arm around my shoulders. He motioned for Theo to start going out the door. "Lighten up a bit ok. I don't want you to worry about this, worry about beating Devenford prep tonight." I said nudging Liam. He groaned when Theo got in the front seat, "Sorry but just be nice, please for me." I said as I reached the car, he nodded and got in the back. "So Theo, you play lacrosse?" Liam asked trying to make conversation. "No." Theo said. Liam looked concentrated, "Well what do you like to do?" He asked. Theo kind of froze for a minute. "I don't know, I kind of keep to myself." He replied shrugging. "We're here." I said cutting Liam off from saying something stupid.

I saw stiles looking at our car, this isn't going to go over very well. I parked and got out along with Liam and Theo. Stiles looked at me eyes wide. He started coming over to us, "Kaia, can I talk to you." He said dragging me away, "Bye guys!" I called out to them. "Stiles! Let go!" I said pulling my hand away. "Why is he with you?" He asked glancing at, Malia, Liam and Theo talking. "He moved in next door to us! Okay! And his car wouldn't start he asked for a ride and we said yes! Is that a crime!?" I asked getting defensive. "Yes! He could've gone crazy and killed you." Stiles said so only I could hear, I gawked at him, "Kill us! Really!?" I said loud enough for them to hear us, they were only a few feet away. "Stiles, no just no. Please I'm stressed out enough as it is, Brett is going to be here today and I'm freaking out." I said trying to calm down.

"Oh I- um I'm sorry. I didn't know." He said pulling me into a hug. "It's okay." I said letting go. "We have to get to class." I said walking towards everyone. "Liam, I'll see you at the game tonight." I said, he nodded, "Okay." I smiled, "Bye everyone." I said walking to class. "Sorry, Tracy." I said after I bumped into her, she didn't say anything she just stared ahead, I didn't have much time to think about it before I held my stomach as it cramped and then I heard people yelling about a fight outside. I went outside to see all the commotion. "Liam." I said to myself seeing him in the middle of everyone.

"Liam!" I said pushing through people. I reached him along with Mason who heard me yelling. "I just wanted to say have a good game." Liam said sticking his hand out. I sighed a breath of relief and laid my head on Mason's shoulder, he chuckled. "I see those anger management sessions payed off." Brett smirked. When I heard that I went up to Liam. I put my hand on his shoulder making my presence known. "Kaia." Brett smirked looking me up and down. I saw Liam getting angry out of the corner of my eyes. "My eyes are up here." I said. Brett rolled his eyes. "So Liam still needs his big sister to take care of him." He said laughing.