Intertwined: Chapter 2-2. COOKIES!

Start from the beginning

"So much for carrying me." I whined trying to get up clutching onto my ribs.

 "Oh so you do want me to carry you then?" Jesse grinned.   No - no - too late.

I frowned as Jesse pulled me over his shoulder and began to walk towards Starbucks, it was awkward enough to have a guy a few inches smaller carry you, but no people just had to stare. Bleep - Bleep. At least the car was locked.

"What can I get you?" The girl behind the cashier spoke.

"Can I get two double chip chocolate cookies, and Mitchell what did you want?-" Jesse asked as he swung around so that I faced the girl behind the cashier.

 "Urm - Can I get -" I looked over at the food on display and started salivating at the different snacks.

"A classic hot chocolate, ooh and a big fat slice of that chocolate cake too." Jesse stated now that he was facing the girl behind cashier.

"That'll be £6.42 all together." The girl stated.

Since when did Jesse bring money? "Hey!" I yelled as Jesse slipped his hand into my back pockets.

"Here, keep the change." Jesse spoke dropping me onto my feet before handing me a Styrofoam cup, the girl behind the cashier winked at Jesse as we began to walk away.

"How much did you give her?" I asked.

"A twenty pound note, courtesy of Mister Mitchell Larsson." Jesse smirked.

"Out of my wallet? That's £13.58p change!" I groaned.

 "At least I got her digits!" Jesse blurted waving the piece of paper around.

I frowned and followed him as he began to walk away towards a table with seats, I took the free seat opposite Jesse and looked at our crowded surroundings. I sipped at my hot chocolate even as it burned at my lips and throat it tasted yum!  Munch! - Munch! - Munch! I looked over to Jesse who was munching away at his last cookie he may have looked like a chipmunk eating... But boy did he eat those cookies fast. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop laughing and took my wallet from his hand stuffing it back into my back pocket. I took another mouthful of chocolate but something smelt even better...

"Do you smell that?" I asked Jesse.

"Smell what?" Jesse replied as a few cookie chunks went flying.

"Cinnamon and apples..." I replied, looking around the cafe.

                                  *                                       *                                       *     

 I smiled at the sight of Cassidy slurping her strawberry milkshake, she looked above the glass at me and smiled. I took a forkful of chocolate cake before she dived in and stole the bite. I dramatically gasped seeing it was the last  bite of the chocolate gateau, she licked her lips and smiled innocently.  I pouted crossing one arm over the other in frustration, Cassidy placed her hand over my arm and tugged till my arms were no longer crossed.

“If you want you can have the rest of my milkshake?” She offered nudging the glass towards me. 

 I took the glass slurped a gulpful of milkshake as that was all that was left and handed the glass back to her. 

“Thanks.” I burped and quickly slapped a hand over my mouth.

"Excuse you.” She giggled and smiled.