three

Camila woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. Did she drink? Everything was a blur to her. She ran to the bathroom to take some Advil, hoping it would lessen her ache. She splashed some cold water on her face to wake herself up. Once the cold water hit her, she remembered everything that happened last night. Lauren, the diner, Felipe, Lauren putting her number into her phone...

She goes into her kitchen to cook something for breakfast. Deciding on making oatmeal, she grabs a banana, some strawberries and blueberries from the fridge, and honey from the pantry. While cutting up the fruits, she hears her phone ring from her bedroom. Setting down the knife, she wipes off her hands and heads to her room.

When she checks the caller ID, it's from an unknown number. Debating weather or not to ignore the call, she has a gut feeling it could be Vinny - so she answers.

"Hello?"

"Camila, it's Mike."

"Oh, hey Mike, what's up?"

"Vinny wanted me to tell you that you and Lauren did an excellent job last night. He's looking forward to seeing you again."

"Oh? I thought this was a one time thing, if I'm being honest." Camila starts to trail off, unsure if she should've admitted that.

"Well, I don't know. I'm just the messenger. Let me ask Vinny, hold on." Camila heard Michael put the phone down as muffled voices mumbled in the background. She sticks her phone closer to her ear, hoping she'll get a clearer listen.

"Camila?" Michael questioned.

"Yeah, still here. So what did he say?"

"He says he's going to talk to Lauren - see what she thinks first. Vinny really wants to put you two together on more assignments. He said you guys executed the job perfectly."

Camila smiles at this, loving that she made such a good first impression. With this, she begins to consider taking this full time job offer.

"That's wonderful. I'm glad we impressed him. Lauren's smart." Camila gushed, catching herself just before she said too much. "I mean, she's a tough worker - she really knows her stuff." Nice save
Camila, she thought to herself.

"Yeah, Lauren and my brother go way back. It's the least she could do considering what he's done for her."

Camila has so many questions that she wants to ask. After Lauren's vague storytelling, she sensed that it was a sensitive topic, and that it was best not to push the subject. If Lauren didn't want her to know, then she will respect her privacy.

"Lauren told me that." Camila admits, worried Mike might reveal more after letting that fact slip through her lips.

"Did she? Wow. Lauren doesn't talk to anyone. She's the quietest person you'll ever meet. But hey listen, I got to go now. Any questions?"

"No, I'm good. Thanks." Camila smiles. This conversation is so light and she feels like she could talk to Mike for hours; something she never felt with Jason.

"No worries. I'll catch ya later."

"Bye." Camila hangs up, bringing her phone back to the kitchen where her oatmeal is starting to burn. "Shit! I was gone for ten minutes, ugh." Tossing the oatmeal in the garbage, she settles for a simple fruit salad.

Grabbing her bowl of fruit and a bottle of water, she heads to the living room to continue watching Scandal. In this episode, Olivia is telling Fitz how she is not a toy that he can play with whenever he is bored, lonely, or horny. This is one of Camila's favorite episodes - she may have watched this one, or at least this part, five or six times.