two

The walk back from Vinny's office was quiet. Every so often Camila would turn to look at Lauren. They were both stealing glances from one another. Eventually, Camila spoke up.

"Did you drive here?" Camila asks while her eyes searched the driveway.

"No, I live a block away. I usually just walk to Vinny's house. Did you walk too?" Lauren asks, her eyes not spotting any car.

"No, haha. Um, I didn't park anywhere near Vinny's house..." Camila admits shyly.

Lauren's eyebrows raise before she speaks. "Oh? Why's that?" Lauren asks, but the way she asked made Camila's heart do a little jump.

"I was a bit nervous to come here, if I'm being honest. There's something off about Vinny, I can't put my finger on it exactly, but yeah."

"Vinny is weird, I'll give you that. There's a lot of things I worry about with him, I don't blame you nor judge you for being worried. It's not a big deal - if I didn't know Vinny as well as I did, I'd be just as nervous as you." Lauren smiles down at Camila, and boy did that smile ease Camila's nerves.

"Are you and Vinny close?" Camila wonders and they both stop walking.

"No, not really. I've known him pretty much my entire life. But we are far from close, we just tolerate each other to a certain extent. I sell his weed, he pays me." Lauren explains a bit.

"Do you only sell weed?"

"No, I've sold LSD, Coke, Heroin, and so many other hard drugs that I've forgotten the names of." Camila's eyebrows raise questioningly. "Have you...?" Camila leaves the question hanging in the air.

Lauren tenses but composes herself before Camila notices. "No, I haven't taken any of the hard drugs." Lauren answers and then takes a breath. "I'll roll a blunt every now and then, but that's it. No hard drugs - for the most part I'm pretty clean. Enough about me though, tell me about yourself."

"I'm sure by Vinny asking me if I've used syringes before, that you already know." Camila states before she continues, "I'm a hitman. Have been ever since I was 16. Jason, my boss and only friend, took me off the streets and gave me this life. Is it a great life? Hell no. But I'm living and my pockets are loaded 24/7. There's cons, but the pro's definitely outweigh them." Camila divulges without any hesitation, she's shocked at herself, but it felt good to let that out. It wasn't a deep admission, but she opened up - something she never does.

With an air of new found confidence, Camila continues. "Well, since I live 20 minutes across town, I drove here. So I was thinking we grab a bite to eat before the job? We'll need the energy. " Camila jokes, laughing at how different this situation is compared to her normal missions.

"Sure, let's go. My stomach's starting to grumble." Lauren chuckles lightly, and together they walk to the car.

A silent drive, and ten minutes later, they arrive at Lauren's favorite diner. On the way there, Lauren gushed about how good their loaded pancakes were; followed by a mini debate about waffles versus pancakes.

When they got seated, Camila stared at Lauren waiting for her to return the stare. Lauren could feel Camila's eyes on her. Laughing, she speaks up, "Why are your eyes boring holes into the top of my head?"

Camila just laughs. "You know I'm doing this but won't look up at me?" At this Lauren looks up, smirking. "Yes, Camila?"

Camila smiles at Lauren shyly and then her face turns serious. "You told me you knew Vinny for a while. What's your story?"

Lauren didn't expect Camila to ask that - well, not before dinner at least. The green eyed beauty's thoughts were all over the place, where does she begin? Should she just lie and say school? No, that's not believable.