Chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

Play the song "Be Still" by The Fray when I say k?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Louis' POV-

Lucah grabbed hold of my gun and shot Shalice at the bottom of her spine. She gasped and fell into Liam. He caught her and laid her down in his lap. She was choking, struggling to breathe. She fisted his collar, stretching it. He was crying. My eyes were the size of tennis balls and my jaw hung open. I was in complete shock.

Then police sirens sounded in the far distance and Lucah took this opportunity to attempt to run. When I felt his weight get out from under me, I snapped out of it. I grabbed the gun and shot him in the shoulder. He fell to the ground screaming. I went over to him and used every remaining bullet in the barrel until i pulled the trigger and it clicked meaning no  bullets.

[play song now]

"Lou!" Liam called.

I turned around and Shalice had her eyes closed. I ran to her side and got on my knees, so I was sitting on my feet. Liam shook her, sobbing.

"Shally?" he whispered.

He looked at me and his nose was red. The tears were along the rim of his eyes. When he blinked, they poured down.

"Harry..." she whispered.

"No, love, It's Liam and Louis." he replied.

She opened her eyes, looked at us and smiled.

"I love you boys so much." she gulped.

I shook my head.

"Don't talk like that, you're gonna be fine. We're gonna get you to a hos-" I was interrupted.

"Louis, I'm dying." she whispered smiling. "I can be with my family, now. It's okay."

I started crying more.

"But we're your family now. Don't go." I whimpered. "Please, you can't. I wont let you."

She shook her head and looked up. A tear formed at the corner of her eye and fell down towards her ear.

"Did we win?" she asked.

I chuckled as did Liam.

"Yeah, babe." I kissed her hand. "We won."

Liam looked away and pinched his eyes shut, to block out the tears.

"I'm glad." she whimpered.

"Te-tell Zayn...that I'm sorry I broke my promise and that he has to finish school. For m-me."

I nodded.

"And tell Niall that his princess is in the crowd, he just has to spot her." she said slowly.

"Liam, you are strong. And you MAKE sure that these boys are in line." she smiled

We chuckled.

"Will do." he replied.

"Louis," she gulped and locked eyes with mine. "You will always be my best friend. I will always be there with you. Continue to change lives for me. Promise that you'll be strong and move on from this madness."

I nodded frantically.

"I promise, love." a tear fell on her hand. "I love you."

"Love you too." she whispered. "I'm sorry that you got mixed into this." she cried some more.