Chapter 10

Sorry about last chapter, it wasn't long at all! I guess you could say it was a filler, but at least you saw Sharry get cute!

------------------~---------------

CHAPTER 10

-Shalice's POV-

Harry picked me up from the hospital and now we were back in their room, in the living room. Scattered around the room, sharing stories and talking. I like these guys. They're genuine and nice.

“So, Shalice, now that you know a little bit about us, lets get to know you a bit.” Harry encouraged and the boys nodded in agreement.

I gulped. I don't want to talk about myself, nor my past.

“What do you want to know?” I asked.

“What's your full name?” Liam asked.

“Shalice Ak-kira Skye.” I stuttered. I hated my name.

“That's an amazing name.” Liam smiled.

“Yeah, it's unique.” Niall added.

“Thanks.” I mumbled.

“Okay, so where are you from?” Liam asked again.

“She's from right here in Doncaster.” Harry spoke for me.

I peered at him, and he smiled.

“Hell yeah! Yorkshire power!” Louis shouted and he, Liam, and I all cheered, high fiving.

“Alright, alright, so do you have any family around?” Niall asked.

My smile disappeared, and tears formed in the far corners of my eyes.

“Shally?” Liam asked, pulling me out of my thoughts about the past, ignoring Liam's pet name.

“Um, I actually- have to use the bathroom.” I choked running to the bathroom. I locked the door, and gripped the sinks edge. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt disgusted. I'm an emotional wreck. My family is gone, and I've become a prostitute. I hate myself, and everyday I wake up, I wish I would die. Death is better than suffering. It's painless. I sobbed at my reflection, turning on the sink and washing my face. I dried it with a towel and exited, back to the boys.

“Are you alright?” Louis asked, putting his arms around my shoulder, and guiding me back to the couch.

“Yeah. Thanks. Just felt a little sick.” I lied.

“If you want, you don't have to-” Harry began.

“No. It's alright.” I sighed. I had to tell them sometime. I gulped and began.

“I had the perfect family. You know, we had picnics in the park, my mum and dad loved each other. My brother, Scotty; my sister, Renee; and I got along great.” I chuckled, remembering the fun times we had. “We truly were the perfect ideal family. Scotty was 3 years younger than I, and Renee was 4 years older. I hated being the middle child, but I didn't complain...too much.

Mum was a nurse and my dad worked as a lawyer. He seemed happy with his job up until one day, he came home late, his suit all ruffled up. My mum got worried. I heard them arguing one night in the kitchen. She said something about 'putting our family in jeopardy'. And he said he 'didn't mean to upset them'. At the time I didn't know who 'them' was nor why my dad got them angry. Then 3 days later was my 9th birthday. We had a little barbeque in our backyard with a few neighborhood friends, and some friends from school and my dad had a smile on his face, but his eyes said it all. They seemed nervous and scared. Later that night, when everyone had gone home and my brother and sister were in bed, a crash woke us up. I heard my sister and my brother shriek and scream. I sat up in bed, scared, tears in my eyes. A man crashed through my door and grabbed me. I kicked and screamed in his grasp.”