CHAPTER III

Sooyoung cursed. He couldn't afford to lose the goddamn ball this time! He looked at Jess, he needs two points to tied their scores.

Jessi smirks. "Losing it, man?"

"In your dreams, Jessi." He takes a shot but he was intercepted by Yuri. "Shit!" he cursed and pout.

And the buzzer beeps. Halftime. And they have 15 minutes breaks before the game resume. Sooyoung team is already ahead of 1 point.

"Damn! If only Taeyeon is here." Sooyoung whispered to his teammate Soojung. He was the acting team captain of their team in place of Taeyeon. It was a friendly game. But what he hated most, it was losing.

Meanwhile Jess walks toward where Tiffany was seating. As usual, she's with Sunny, Seohyun, and Victoria.

"Hey, ladies." He greats.

He looked so virile and dashing in his blue and white jersey uniform. The fabric clung to his body perfectly. His knee-guards and tight pants hugged his long muscled legs like a second skin, making him look taller than his already towering height.

Her friends ogled him like a delectable food. She can't blame them. Jessi was a woman's widest fantasy personified. She knew that firsthand.

"Jessi, Sooyoung team is already ahead." Victoria said sweetly.

He smiled, dazzling the woman with his rakish charm. "Don't worry, vic. We will win."

"My Sooyoungie team will win the game." Sunny said.

"Yah! What are you doing here? Are you spying? Go with your Sooyoung." Victoria said frowning to Sunny.

Sunny scoffed. "If only Taeyeon is here, your team sweep!!"

Victoria cleared her throat to break the tension, and then she dragged Seohyun and Sunny. "Come on, let's buy food."

"You okay?" Jess asked when the girls are gone.

She looked down. "Sure."

"I'm happy that you're here." He said tenderly.

He was looking at her with his dark liquid eyes, as if memorizing every detail of her face. She blushed and smiled at him warmly. "Me too."

The buzzer beeps, and the game begins. He gently touches her cheek. "I'll win this one for you, baby." He whispered before he leaves.

Then her friends back. "Miyoungie, I'm sorry." Sunny softly said.

She smiled. "For what?"

"You know..?" she mumbled.

She laughs. Not even the thought of Taeyeon could dampen her good mood today.

She gently pinch Sunny's hand. "It's okay, Sunkyuk ah."

"YAH!!" Sunny shouted.

Then, they laugh at the pouting girl. They know Sunny really hates her Korean name. Jessi win the game.

In the office, Tiffany can't help herself sighs. She walks back and forth in her office. She never receives a call from Jessi today. She doesn't used to it, Jess used to call her first in the morning.

She's hesitating to call him. She don't want Jess think that she's desperate.

It was already late noon when Jess called her. "Hey, baby,"

"What?" she said annoyed but she tried to make her tone cool.

"I'm sorry, I was tied up all morning in conference room with potential foreign investors." He explained.