☼ s i x t y - t w o ☼

"Mae Robins, who is Michael Clifford's (lead guitarist in the pop punk band 5 Seconds Of Summer) alleged girlfriend, has quite the history! According to Dylan White, who is Mae's ex, and who also told us he didn't want to be anon, she was never a good girlfriend!"

"I'm gonna kill him," Levi grumbled, his hands balling into fists.

"'She cheated on me 3 times,' he told us. 'I was an idiot to keep her around, but I loved her. I proposed to her but she threw the ring in the trash. Completely broke my heart.'"

I slowly set the phone down, not wanting to read the rest of the bullshit article. Tears pricked at my eyes and I could hear Levi breathing heavily next to me.

"What the fuck is wrong with him?!" He said harshly. I choked out a sob, quickly wiping the tears that escaped.

"Who the hell does that kind of shit?!" Levi continued, smoke nearly pouring out of his ears.

I didn't want this to get to me. I had told myself countless times that once rumors started – cause I knew it would only be a matter of time before it did – that I wouldn't let it get to me. That it wouldn't affect me whatsoever. So why the fuck was I sitting here, gnawing on my bottom lip in hopes to hold back my sobs while pathetic salty tears rolled down my cheeks?

"'I went to her house the other night to just talk, to see if we could maybe work things out and be at least friends or something, but she was drunk off of her ass when she came to the door. I heard someone, a guy, begging her to come back to the bedroom.'"

"You've got to be kidding me!" I groaned when Levi stopped reading more of the article. "This is such bull!"

"I'm gonna kill him," Levi mumbled, clicking his phone off.

"I don't understand," I whispered. "None of that happened. I mean, the only thing that did was that he did come over but I wasn't drunk or had anyone over."

"I know," he sighed, scooting closer to me and wiping my tears with his thumbs. He pulled me into a hug.

"Oh God," I said, my voice faltering. "What if Michael saw?"

Levi blanched. "Oh fuck."

----

*later that day*

I nervously chewed on my thumb nail, pacing back and forth in the kitchen. Levi and Kat sat at the bar, both slowly eating bowls of cereal as they watched me pace.

"He totally saw," I said quickly.

"Mae, you don't know that," Kat tried. I picked my phone up off of the counter, shoving it into her face.

"Really?" I said sarcastically, showing her what Michael tweeted 2 hours ago.

@Michael5SOS: shoulda known it was too good to be true :/

"Right okay, maybe he did see it," she mumbled. "But, that doesn't mean he believes it!"

I shook my phone in her face.

"Right..." she said again, furrowing her eyebrows. I sighed, leaning onto the counter.

"What am I supposed to do?" I whined, my eyes filling with tears. "He hasn't texted me, called me or anything."

"Have you tried texting him?" Levi asked, slurping his milk out of the bowl.

"I texted him good morning but he never replied. I'm scared to text him again," I admitted, yanking at the roots of my hair. "He's mad, he's hurt and I know that. I don't know how to approach this."

"Just call him you moron," Levi rolled his eyes.

"He won't answer."

"Mae," he said in a warning tone. I narrowed my eyes at him, picked my phone up and called Michael, putting it on speaker. It rang twice and went to voicemail.

"See?" I tossed my phone aside and took my glasses off. I rubbed my tired eyes.

"What about one of the boys?" Kat asked, taking a bite of her Fruity Pebbles. My eyebrows scrunched together.

"What about them?"

"Have you tried reaching out to one of them?"

I blinked. Well shit, I never thought of thought.

"Um, well not exactly-"

"Well there's your problem!" Levi shouted, jumping up out of his seat and scaring Kat.

"Jesus Christ," she mumbled, placing her hand over her chest.

"I'm pretty sure that's not my problem," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"No no no," he shook his head, moving around the counter to stand beside me. He gripped my shoulders, looking at me in the eyes. "Those boys are the key to success!"

Kat sighed heavily and rolled her eyes. "Here we go."

"What the hell are you on about?" I deadpanned. Levi scoffed, walking away. He paced around the kitchen like I previously was, his hand stroking his scruffy chin. He stopped after a minute, a lightbulb almost visible above his head.

"Okay, you're friends with them right?"

"No," I said sarcastically.

Levi glared at me. "Look here you bag of dicks, I'm trying to help."

"Sorry," I grumbled and Kat giggled. "Go on."

"Get one of them to help you."

"Help me?"

"That's not a half bad idea," Kat mused, dropping her bowl and spoon in the sink.

"Yeah like, I dunno maybe you and Ashton can do something," Levi shrugged. I pursed my lips.

"What if they're mad at me too?"

"I doubt Ashton would be. Remember when you catfished Mike?" Kat said, hopping up onto the counter.

"Unfortunately," I sighed, a frown forming on my face.

"Ash was mad but he still talked to you," she went on, picking at her nails. "So he'll probably talk to you now."

I nodded, pursing my lips again.

"Anyway, I'm supposed to be having some 'parents day' today cause my dad is back home from his work trip finally," she sighed, hopping off of the counter and engulfing me in a hug. "Talk to Ash."

"I gotta go too," Levi hummed. "Duty calls. Good luck little sis."

////////

(a/n)

i know i say this for like every update but wOW this chapter sucked!!!! hopefully the next one will be a little interesting. i'm honestly excited for the ending of this story cause the idea for it is so good i think, i just hope i can write it well enough

a lot of people have been asking me for my social media so here feel free to stalk me:

twitter: gingersnapv

instagram: _sunnyvee

tumblr: sunny-vee

anyway, i hope everyone is doing well! *heart eyes emoji*

don't be a silent reader! :-)

PS! don't forget to vote for me in the fanfiction awards (if you haven't already)! nominations end january 30th! go to the profile @thefanfictionawards for more information!! ❤️