☼ t w e n t y - f o u r ☼

Cliffoconda: hi

I did a double take at the message when it popped up on my phone screen.

It'd been a few hours since Ashton sadly left, and I was sitting at my desk, scrolling through Tumblr. Michael had left me a bunch of texts - some seeming quite angry and upset that I (unintentionally) ditched him last night - when I forgot to tell him I wouldn't be able to FaceTime with him because Ash was dragging me to some party to clearly get me "white girl wasted" for the first time in my life.

Needless to say I woke up this morning with a raging headache and me running to the bathroom, and being too scared to text Michael back.

I pushed my glasses up my nose, unlocked my phone and nervously typed.

Mae: hi

Cliffoconda: oh now you respond

Mae: someone's sassy today

I cringed at my response, knowing it would push his buttons and make him upset even more.

Cliffoconda: I have every right to be sassy today, you fucking ditched me last night you dickbag

Mae: can we facetime now?

Cliffoconda: idk if I want to anymore

I rolled my eyes and called him from my computer anyway, fixing my hair and adjusting myself in my chair. I nervously waited for him to answer, but I was surprised at my sudden burst of confidence. After 7 agonizingly long rings, his grainy pixelated face finally appeared. I couldn't help but smirk at the aggravated look on his face. He just looks too cute with his eyebrows scrunched together in frustration.

"Hi," I giggled. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Don't 'hi' me in a cute voice, I'm mad at you!" He huffed, making my face turn red.

"I'm sorry," I said sheepishly. He sighed.

"You have a lot to make up for. You should be kissing my ass right now."

"Okay that's gross and definitely won't be happening," I grimaced, making him laugh. "But I know. I'm not sure how but I'll make it up to you. I still feel horrible about it. I shouldn't have done it."

Michael waved his hand in dismissal, not wanting to talk about it. Which I understood cause quite frankly I didn't want to either. I was actually enjoying being myself for once. Literally. It felt good to have some kind of level of confidence, finally. And I had the boys to thank for constantly filling me with compliments lately.

"So, why'd I get ditched?"

I sighed. "Ash dragged me to a party."

"A party," Michael cocked an eyebrow, looking surprised. "You and parties don't mix, though."

"I know," I snorted. "Ash suggested we go since it was his last day here. I didn't want to, but he seemed super excited over the idea of going to a party so I just went with it."

Michael hummed, probably still upset with the fact that Ashton got to meet me before he did.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't mean to ditch you, Mikey."

Michael's face got all red like he was flustered and embarrassed. "It's fine, I'm used to it."

"Used to it?" I repeated, frowning. He shrugged.

"Girls always ditch me. It's whatever."

"Well I won't do it again, I promise." I grinned at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Cheeky," he chuckled. "Was the party good at least?"

My eyebrows scrunched together. "I can't really remember most of it. I just remember talking to Ash like the entire time on the floor."

"Wow," he scoffed. "Lame."

"Well what do you expect? I don't party," I laughed. "I'm that lame person who stands in the corner the entire time eating chips and drinking juice."

Michael snorted. "Well at least you got drunk finally."

"Yeah and it probably won't be happening again any time soon," I mumbled, rubbing my forehead and yawning, indicating that I was still hungover.

"Poor baby," he murmured, making me blush. He grinned at me. "Can't handle her alcohol."

"Shut up," I growled. "I don't even know what I drank last night."

"That's safe."

"I remember it being pink."

"How pretty. When are you gonna dye your hair blue?"

Michael had recently dyed his hair blue (which, according to Calum, had been a complete accident cause he tried to do white and black again and it somehow turned blue) and he was waiting for me to ditch the blonde and go blue as well.

"Hm, to smurf or not to smurf," I pondered, tapping my chin with my pointer finger.

"Is that even a question?" Michael asked.

"My hair is fried from bleaching it, Mikey."

His face got all red and flustered again and he mumbled incoherently.

"Why do you get all flustered when I say your name?" I asked. He groaned.

"I don't know," he mumbled, shrugging. "It's something about the way you say it."

"Aw."

"It's only when you say Mikey though. It's weird, shut up."

"AW."

"Shut up!"

"AW THAT'S SO CUTE."

Michael groaned again, his face bright red. I giggled.

"Stop bullying me," he whined.

"I'm not bullying you!" I whined back in the same voice.

"You're so cute," he said suddenly, chuckling. My face turned red.

"Shut up."

"Not so funny when the shoe's on the other foot, is it?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, shaking my head at how much I love this kid.

////////

(a/n)

OK SO CALUM HAS ME SWERVING LANES LATELY LIKE I FEEL LIKE I'M BETRAYING MICHAEL BUT DAMN

i even had a dream last night that i made out with calum and he was shirtless like why brain i'm already swerving so much and ur just fucking my life up even more wtf not cool

but holy shit i missed michael being in the story wtf it's actually so much easier to write when i'm writing about michael tbfh

you guys should check out my 5sos imagines that i've started :-) there's only one part but i'm working on more don't worry

i hope everyone is having a wonderful day/week/month/year/everything!!!!

❤️don't be a silent reader thnx❤️