☼ s i x t y ☼

/// semi important a/n at the end feel free to read it yo ///

"That was fun," she said, smiling up at him. He slung his arm across her shoulders, pulling her into his side as they walked out of the movie theater. He hummed in response, a smirk playing at his lips and he kissed the side of her head.

"The movie was good, surprisingly," he said, opening the passenger door for her. She blushed and climbed in. He jogged around the car, getting into the driver's seat. He started the car, revving the engine. She smiled.

"I didn't like how the guy who gave us our popcorn was looking at you."

Her smile instantly dropped and she looked at him. "W-what?"

"He was eyeing you," he went on, scrunching up his nose.

"No he wasn't," she protested with a small laugh, clicking her seat belt on before he started driving. She didn't recall the guy looking at her in any other way than friendly. He smiled at her, gave her the popcorn and that was it.

"Yes, he was," he stated, his voice rising. She blinked at her boyfriend.

"Dylan-"

Suddenly a hand flew over, popping her right in the mouth roughly. She yelped, her hand flying over her mouth and she stared at him in surprise.

"That's enough," he hummed, watching the road.

He just hit her. The guy who made her feel safe, hit her.

"Meredith?"

I glanced over at Dylan. He was staring at me, his eyebrows knitted together. "What?"

"Did you hear me?"

Yes. I heard you loud and clear.

"I think you should go," I said meekly, standing up and brushing my shorts off. He stood up quickly, grabbing my arm.

"You're not gonna even give me a chance?!" He said loudly. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No!" I shouted, jerking my arm back. Surprisingly, he let go.

"But I love you!"

"I don't love you," I said through gritted teeth. "I love Michael. Now please leave."

"No," he laughs. "No, you love me. Me, Meredith! You'll always love me!"

I stared at my ex-boyfriend with a blank expression, wondering what I ever actually saw in him. I thought about all the times he hit me (I eventually lost count), how he bad mouthed me and put me down in public, how he acted as if he couldn't fend for himself and made me do everything for him, how he'd eye me like I'm some kind of piece of meat.

Michael crossed my mind and a smile immediately made its way to my lips. I thought about how much he's done for me, even before we actually met. How he's treated me, not like a princess, but like a queen. How he's shown me how much he loves me and cares for me. How he treasures me like I'm the rarest diamond in the world.

Dylan watched me with a hopeful gleam in his eyes. So I did the unthinkable.

I punched him in the face.

I pulled my hand back, shaking it as my knuckles tingled in pain. Dylan stumbled back, nearly falling down the stairs. He groaned, his hand touching his jaw.

"Fuck," he hissed, trying to wipe up the blood that was dripping from his mouth. "Fucking hell Meredith!"

"Leave," I snapped. "Before I have to get a restraining order against you."

I turned around and walked back into my house, slamming the door shut and locking it. Then, I screamed.

Why does he think he can just waltz back into my life after everything he's done?

Oh, I don't know, probably cause you're a big fucking idiot who always took him back, my subconscious sneered.

He clearly knows about Michael, why would he even try?

I groaned loudly in frustration, my hands balling into shaky fists. I hissed in pain, glancing down at my red knuckles. 

Who the hell does he-

My thoughts were cut off when I could faintly hear my FaceTime ring tone going off of my computer and phone. I bolted up the stairs, managing to trip twice. I ran into my room and crashed into my computer chair right when the screen disappeared. I groaned loudly again. I had 7 missed FaceTime calls and 3 missed phone calls. I started to panic.

Right when I was about to call back, someone was calling again.

"Michael!" I breathed when I answered. His grainy face came in, getting clearer by the second.

"Hey babe," he chirped, looking sweaty and discombobulated.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, pulling my hair out of its bun and fluffing it out, then putting it back in a bun because it looked horrendous.

"Yeah," he breathed out, moving his hair out of his eyes. "I was just excited."

"Oh."

"Last show of the tour," he went on, getting up from his sitting position. "It was sad, but it was awesome. One of the best shows yet."

"You say that about every show," I rolled my eyes. Suddenly I was looking at a ceiling and I could hear a faint trickling sound. "Uh, Michael?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you peeing?"

"Uh..." He peeped at me in the corner of the screen. "Maybe."

"You're gross."

"That may be be true," he said matter-of-factly, zipping up his pants and coming back on the screen. "But you're the one who's dating me."

He flipped the screen, showing himself in the mirror in the bathroom. He started body rolling and dancing and my head fell back as I laughed, shaking my head cause this is who I was head over heels in love with.

////////

(a/n)

this chapter was dumb but it's leading up to something just wait buT raise your hand if you can totally fucking see michael doing that in the last sentence bc i cAN omfg

happy new years guys! i honestly couldn't give a fuck about new years but w/e i'm just glad we all survived another year u feel me

so, sad to say but catfish will be ending soon :( there's only gonna be about 5 more chapters (give or take, idk yet could be 4 could be 6 idk man but i'm shooting for the end to be chapter 65), buuUUT once catfish is over, i'm gonna start posting Chubs! for those who don't know, Chubs is the calum AU i've been working on (i'm v v excited for it and i hope you all like it)

IN OTHER NEWS I FINALLY BOUGHT MY SLFL TICKET I'M SO EXCITED AND I'M GOING WITH _stylesintheam (she's writing an amazing harry styles au and tbh i'm not even a fan of 1d but i love her story) WE'RE GOING TO SLFLCHARLOTTE AND WE'RE IN SECTION 8 MUCH EXCITE

don't be a silent reader pls i love reading y'all's comments they make me laugh