8.Being Adorable

STILES' POV:

As I kissed her back, I felt free. I felt happy at last.

My tongue found hers and we kissed even more. Suddenly, I felt her hand on my face and I stuffed my hands in her hair.

We pulled away slowly. She looked at me and gave me a weak smile. I smiled at her and made another move to kiss her but Scott jolted awake.

Lydia and I moved away to make space from each other so it won't be too obvious that we were doing that.

"What time is it?" Scott said tiredly, and he rubbed his eyes. Lydia checked her phone,"About 7:12," she said.

Scott hesitated when he saw us. I sat there, staring at him nervously, "You guys alright? It looks like you just saw Jackson right behind me. Wait. Is Jackson really behind me?"

I shooked my head hard and Lydia looked back at me with widen eyes, "No, no, Scotty. You're fine. It's just...uh...can't believe, that...you're hair looks fine when you wake up!" I said.

Scott looked at me confused and looked at Lydia. Then he looked back at me, "My hair?"

Lydia nodded,"Yes! It looks so...you! I'm sure Allison knows how much your hair is so cared"

"Yeah! Mine always ends up in a mess! I should probably start caring for it more...than I used too..." I said. Scott looked at us, "I almost don't do anything with my hair and your hair is fine Stiles. Why worry?"

I opened my mouth to say something but Lydia cut in,"I just fixed it before you woked up! You should've seen his messy hair. It looked totally adorable and I think that's his style..." Lydia looked back at me and smiled.

"Adorable? Wait, did I just heard, the Lydia Martin, complimented, my best friend's hair, adorable? You know you just realize that you called dorky Stiles handsome or something by complimenting his hair." Scott said.

Lydia blushed, "Yeah, I had realized it..."

I stood up, "We should eat breakfast! When are your parents getting here?"

"Next week"

"That'll be a lot of time to fix this mess before your parents come. We should make pancakes! Scott, wake up Allison and you guys can clean up this mess and I'll help Lydia make the pancakes and the hot chocolate. Sounds good?" I said.

Scott nodded in agreement and sat back down with Allison, shaking her gently to wake her up. Lydia stood up and headed to the kitchen. I quickly followed.

When I got there, Lydia was leaning against the counter, staring at me,"Pancakes or hot chocolate?"

I said pancakes and Lydia got started with the hot chocolate. I started to make the pancakes and it suddenly hit me,"We should better make waffles!" I told Lydia while she was getting the mugs,"You got a waffle maker?"

Lydia put the mugs down and pointed right behind me. I quickly turned around and plugged it in the outlet.

I waited to heat and looked over at Lydia. It looked like she was crying. Wait. Was she crying? I came towards her, "You okay?"

She quickly wiped her tears and looked over at me,"I'm sorry, Stiles. I had put you in danger."

I looked at her, confused,"What are you talking about? Everything will be just fine"

Lydia stared at me stunned,"I don't know what to believe now, Stiles. Tell me what to believe in"

I leaned in and kissed her forehead lightly. Lydia didn't stopped me, just let it happened. I pulled away,"Believe in me. You're not alone."

"I'm here for you, okay?"
******************************
LYDIA'S POV:

You're not alone, I'm here for you, Stiles voice was still on my mind.

We were in the kitchen, making breakfast while Scott and Allison were cleaning up the living room.

I was suddenly done making the hot chocolate. I looked over at Stiles, who was still making the waffles. I went over him and he glanced up.

"You need help?" I said.

"No, no. You done?"

I answered by giving him a kiss."Thanks for being there for me, Stiles. You're the best."

He nodded, smiling,"I know that. I promise that I won't leave you."

I gave him a small laugh," Okay, well, I'm going to go clean the table and help Scott and Allison."

I went to the living room but Stiles grabbed my arm, twirled me around and gave me a small kiss. I smiled and headed towards the living room.

Scott and Allison were having a small pillow fight. Allison's laugh made me wonder if I can ever have that with Stiles.

Scott noticed me and walked over, "Is breakfast ready?" I shook my head,"The hot chocolate is done, but Stiles isn't yet. Btw, pancakes is now turning into waffles. I just came here to clean the table and see if you guys need any help."

"We're fine, Lydia" Allison said.

I nodded and went to clean up the table.

2 minutes later

I was done cleaning up the table and went back to the kitchen.

I poured hot chocolate in the mugs and dropped some marshmallows on top of it. I turned to see Stiles putting the two waffles in each plate, he put a hint of powdered and put some strawberries on top of them.

I was impressed of his cooking work. Stiles spotted me,"Nice touch on the strawberries, Stilinski." He makes a bow.

"Thanks Miss Martin. I live to cook."

I laugh and he smiles,"So, Miss Martin, are your "famous" hot chocolate ready?"

"It sure it is, Chef Stilinski"

We laugh and I go to the dining room with the hot chocolate in a tray, carrying it as a waitress. I put down the tray and slowly started positioning the hot chocolates in front of the chairs.

I sit in a chair and get my eyes stuck in my phone screen, going over Instagram while I sipped on my hot chocolate.

I suddenly see a dark shadow go over me. I glanced up, finding Allison looking over at me and sitting across from me. I put my phone away and I looked at her as I was ready to listen.

"Lydia, are you and Stiles ok?"

I nod, "Yeah, why?"

"You guys acted weird in front of Scott while I was asleep. Scott told me. You called Stiles adorable. What's going on between you two?"

I was going to lose it.

Shit.