Chapter 47

I feel my stomach, rubbing my belly button in circular motions. I breathe in, breathe out. My surroundings are not that familiar, until I realize that I'm in my mom's bedroom. Her old bedroom. A huge king sized bed in the middle, so soft and plush, you can sink in it and forget all your problems. And the modern dresser, walk in closet, and deck.

   "Jenna? How do you feel?" Josh asks, and I can see that everyone is in this room, Fiona sitting and fiddling with Ethan's hands, her back to me. Ethan gazes at me, and Fiona turns around. Amelia rushes to my side, and Lilly sits on the chair beside me.

    "Mom, can you please go get Jenna some water?" Amelia asks, and Lilly quickly nods, rushing to the dresser and pouring me some water. She gives it to me, and I sip it slowly.

   "You kind of zoned out, but you were too weak to walk. I carried you." Josh explains, and I nod.

   "Thank you." I croak, and examine the breakfast by the bedside table. Two eggs, toast, and orange juice. Before I know it, I'm diving into it, eating loudly, chewing, swallowing. There is also a bouquet of light pink and deep red roses, with a card displayed, that says 'Get Well Soon, Mommy.'

   I'm finished an egg by no time. I sip some juice, and Fiona laughs. "Cravings, for the pregnant girl." She tries to lighten the mood.

   I can't believe that something is growing inside of me. I look down to belly again, and I feel it. I can't believe it. "Today we got an appointment to see  the status of your pregnancy." Lilly informs me.

    Suddenly, I realize it. I realize the horrible truth that is going to eat me away. The father..it's not Alex. We never went farther than kissing. We didn't have the time. We were too busy saving each other's lives.

   I start to choke on the juice, and my eyes turn watery, as my coughing is the only sound in the room until Ethan starts patting my back, and I sit up, until I stop. Tears flood down my cheeks and my face is red by the time I reach the bathroom to wash my face, to calm down.

   I limp back, and fall straight into bed, pulling the covers to my chin. "What's wrong, Jenna?" Amelia asks, worried.

   "Oh my god." I say, shaking my head. "Oh my god. Oh my god,"

   "Hey, hey." Fiona pats my shoulder. Amelia looks at Josh, and then at Ethan.

"Guys, can you give us girls some privacy, please?" Amelia queries, and they nod, as Josh gives Amelia a quick peck and Ethan touches Fiona's hand, sends me a worried glance, and they both exit.

Lilly sits on the chair, and then checks her old phone. "Oh, gosh. Sorry, guys, I forgot I have a meeting today." She touches my hand, briefly, and sends me a smile. "Hope you get better."

"Bye, mom." Amelia addresses before turning to me. Her eyebrows are furrowed, and her she gnaws on her bottom lip before taking the spot in which Lilly was sitting in. Fiona sits on the bed, perched, quiet.

"What's wrong, Jenna? Do you want to talk about it?" Fiona asks.

"She means, we both know that you're going through something difficult. Alex leaving, you suddenly realizing that you're pregnant at, like, 18, but is there anything else that's bothering you?" Amelia explains, ending it off with a question. I slowly nod, my mouth dry, like a sock was shoved into it. "We know that Alex doesn't know yet. He doesn't know the good news, and we're trying to reach him. Don't worry, if that's what you're worrying about. We'll find him."

Amelia doesn't understand! She doesn't get it, she never will. Not until I tell her the ugly truth. "Yeah, totally, Jenna. Don't worry about it. You know Ethan's a great hacker and good with technology, and he'll reach him fast-"