Chapter 41

""Why is she sad? Please, please tell me what's going on." I ask the nurse at the corner of the room as I rub my throbbing forehead. The beautiful woman stands beside her, with her long black hair and gorgeous green eyes. Two men stand beside the nurse.

"Why doesn't she remember me?" The beautiful woman throws her hands up in the air. The nurse sighs, frantically rummaging through papers and files. Finally, she looks at me.

"You don't remember this lady?" She asks. I shake my head, frustrated.

"I told you, I don't know anyone in this room." I close my eyes. "Please, just tell me who you all are and why I'm at the hospital!" I try to sit up but a sickening pain flows through my legs as I let out a strangled scream.

The nurse rushes up to me, calming me down. "You...you had a really bad accident. A whole chandelier fell on top of you. Your arm was broken, still is on the road to recovery, and you lost a lot of blood. Your whole leg had big gashes and your forehead still has severe, and deep bruises. You're not too close to walking yet. And I think you have memory loss."

"Why..how did all of this happen?" Suddenly, blurry visions and screams fill my head as I shake uncontrollably. The beautiful woman rushes up to me. I hear screams and shatters then the woman shaking me, as if I was in two different places.

"Jenna! Jenna!" The woman says, and I snap back to reality. "What happened?"

"Huh?" I ask, then rub my forehead. "I was..I was getting a picture of what the nurse was talking about."

The nurse's eyes widen, and the pretty woman nods. "Well, um, I'm Fiona. We met on the train and stuff. We, ran away together." She smiles, politely, but her eyes tell me she is sad.

"Fiona." My mouth moves as I say her name, repeating it. "Ah. Fiona. I think I might remember you. Your name seems familiar." She breathes a sigh of relief.

"Hey, let me call the doctor." The nurse nervously edges out of the room, as the sunlight streaks in, and the blue chairs welcome people, and the curtains are halfway open, and no one would realize the tension in this room until they actually came inside. It's smell is medicine mixed with something weird, strong, like blood or metal.

"I'm Josh, and he's Ethan." The shorter blonde man says, and points to the taller blonde man. "We helped you too."

"Oh. Well, um, thank you." I reply back, and then an awkward silence hangs in the air. I have too many questions but I don't know how to ask them and my head is throbbing like I'm having a big hangover.

Finally, the door swings open to reveal an elderly man with twinkling blue eyes and glasses, with a mop of white hair. "Hi, I'm Doctor Hond."

I bite my lip. What a weird name. "Hello." I nod back, as the Josh, Ethan and Fiona step back and sit into three blue plastic chairs. The doctor stands on the other side of me, and politely checks my heartbeat and checks my ears. He takes the white blanket off me as I shiver, realizing that someone dressed me into a white gown. He checks my big gashes, taking the big band aids off them and putting now ones on, also adjusting my arm's cast and checking my head.

"Well, the nurse told me she's remembering things." The doctor turns to Ethan.

"Yes. Yes, she is. If we explain a bit then she remembers. Like how we met or what we did, stuff like that." Ethan explains to the doctor. The doctor nods, jotting down some things before turning to me.