Chapter 3

I gasped and realized we were actually stuck! Looking to Amelia, she was surprised as well, and she was worried by the emotions painted on her face. "Oh no! F/ck!" She growled, and I nodded.

"What will we do?!" I looked around the frozen elevator and the dark. I turned on my flashlight on my phone too, and sat down. I felt sick. Taking a huge breath of air, I felt no good air into my hungry lungs. Just suffocation. I started breathing faster, and soon Amelia did too. "Can't breathe!" She tightened her grip on the railing.

I felt really sick, and Amelia dialled her moms number quickly. "MOMMM! We are stuck! No no!" She told her mom. "Noo! The elevator just switched off! It's --" she couldn't say more, and she slides down the wall, pale face. I grabbed the phone from her.

"Lily, please, call for help!" I said and heard her rushing. "I am, don't worry!" She said. And with that the phone call ended.

I didn't believe we were actually stuck, but the suffocation made me hit back to reality. I prayed silently in my mind. 'God please help' was my mind.

Soon, the elevator dinged and the lights clicked on. "Amelia!" I cried in joy, and we sat up as the doors opened. Lily was running around and she spotted us. She pulls us out and hugged us tightly.

A few co workers were working on some other elevator and they apologized. "Something went wrong, and we had to switch off the lights. We didn't realize it would stop the elevators." One man apologized. I just glared at him and let Lily lead us to her apartment.

We sat down and I breathed puffs of air. I didn't know only a few seconds of suffocation would cause me this much. After drinking water, I was back to normal. Soon, I burst out laughing. "That was so weird!" I said in between laughter and Ames started laughing too. Due to our squeaks of laughter, Lily made out a little sad smile.

"Now, run along girls. Time to pack." Lily pulled us to Amelia's room.it was pretty small, with one single bed and a closet, also a desk. The place was messy, with clothes all over and a cheap suitcase.

At the other side was her mothers bed and a small computer lay on the desk. Outside, there was a small dusty tv, and a springy white sofa. "I'll bring you girls some food." Lily said, and with that, she scurried out of the room.

I sat cross legged on the carpet, and started folding her clothes for her. She laughed, and folded along. "That was pretty, you know, unusual. We don't usually get stuck in elevators. But I guess this place is really old and cheap. That's what you gotta expect." She told herself and I didn't reply. I didn't know how to answer that. And I guess she felt my unesinnesss so she changed the topic.

"Have you heard? You know, the hot guy, Ben? Damn, he's dating Lian!" She gasped, and I nodded.

"It's so weird since they're so different! I mean, like, Ben is so bad and fails, while Lian is just goody goody all the way." I shook my head and folded the last of her shirts pile.

"Exactly. Hey, do you want to watch Twilight while we're packing?!" Amelia gaped at her sudden idea.

I gasped and nodded fast. "DUHHH!!" I screamed and she grabbed her computer. It took a long time to load, but the movie started up. I swooned to Edwards magical voice. "Damnnn..." Is all I could murmur.

•••

"MOMMM!!!" I screamed, throwing myself down the stairs quickly, this packing was making me tired. "Mom mom mom!!"

"Yes! What is it why are you screaming?" She asked calmly. I shook my head and gripped her hand tightly. "Mom. Today's their flight! Amelia's leaving, we have to go!" I scrambled. She nodded, and grabbed her car keys.

It was 5:00 after school, and it was the second last day of school. I grabbed my purse and we jogged to the car. Dad was at work, but he already bid his goodbyes to her.

We drove along to Toronto Pearson Airport, and i started feeling sad. As I spotted her in the line, I screeched and hugged her tight from behind. "Ames?" I asked, close to tears.

Amelia turned around, and her face lit up as she saw me. "Jenna!" She cried, hugging me tight and then pulling away , enough distance to look at my face. She had slight tears in her eyes, but she contained herself quickly. This was after all, the second time she was going on a plane.

I had to be happy for her. So I plastered on a smile and helped her with luggage. Lily wasn't what I expected, but at least she was a bit excited. "We're next in line!" Amelia screeched, and people turned to look, but i shrugged it off. Who cares what the people say?

"Awesome!" I replied, pulling her small and cheap suitcase. "It's time, Jenna. Say bye." My mother told me. I sighed, hugging her. Amelia hugged me tight before letting go. "I'll miss you." She confirmed, which I already knew.

"Me too, Ames, me too." I sighed into the crook of her neck and pressed myself closer. "Bye." Lily hugged us, and we all sagged. "Bye." I waved, and the receptionist called"next!" Ames waved.

I didn't realize that I started crying.

•••

I was sad, but happy at the same. She was going... For her second time! And for gods sake, I've been on it for so long! "Come on, stop playing with your food and just eat!" Mom rolled her eyes, getting annoyed now. It was in fact her fifth time telling me.

"Ugh, whatever." I muttered under my breath, and stabbed my chicken in my noodles. as I turned on my phone, the date was popping into my eyes. Almost three days later we'd leave as well! And I was here sulking at my food. I quickly started eating, washed my dish, and ran upstairs. I'd packed almost everything; now i was just going to do the final touches and try to FaceTime Ames, even though I was sure she wasn't having wifi in her airplane.

I grabbed my phone, started trying to call her, and then sighed when the call wouldn't go. I put my phone away and started packing up. After I was done, I sighed in relief and flopped on my bed for good. I heard my door open followed by a soft knock, and I opened my eyes. "Jenna? You done packing?" My father's voice asked.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna rest now." I replied without opening my eyes. I heard his footsteps walk away, and leave the door a crack open.

I spent the rest of my time on Instagram, but couldn't keep my mind on that. Because I was just busy dreaming about what was going to happen in California. Less than a week later, I'd be right beside him.

•••

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter! Hope you liked it, and I think it was a bit shorter than my usual loong chapters, but don't worry, I know you'll like the next one ;)

- xox Hamna