Chapter 4

I kissed the palm of my hand, biting my lip. Damn, that hurt. The cut was slightly bleeding; which made me shiver. I looked over to see my parents fast asleep on the other side of the aisle. I get up, and see most people asleep in the light lights of the airplane. It was peaceful, but inside of me, I was a wreck and I knew it.

I'd just woken up from a nap when this but just happens to make its way into my life. Like can you not? I chuckled at my own little joke, and rolled my eyes when I pressed the employee flight attendant button and the most rude FA made her way to me, sour expression, bored, cleavage making the whole world drown, rolling her eyes.

"Yes?" She bothered to ask, which surprised me.

"I need a band aid." I answered with the same cold expression and voice. Like, It's that time of month for me, but for you. At least I don't think so. She Almost laughed out loud, but covered her mouth and made her way back In the kitchen.

Ugh. Sitting back down and clicking in my seatbelt, I waited, and finally she came with a small band aid. "Call mommy next time," I heard her mutter before laughing, and walking off. I read her name tag. 'Celeste Karol' was her name. Weird name.

But I let my moodiness drown down as soon as I saw. There was only about one hour left until we'd land! Nervous twits knotted in my stomach as I bear to sit down for the rest of the flight.

•••

Applying lip gloss, I fix up my long hair, flipping it onto my shoulder casually, making it look full of volume. Running a hand down my outfit; its black shirt, floral pants, my hair loose, a dark red purse hanging down my shoulder. It all looks great.

"Let's go?" Mom asked, shutting her lipstick cap and grabbing her purse, and wheeling her suitcase with her. I nod nervously, telling myself not to bite my lip, but no use.

I wheeled my green suitcase behind her, my heels clicking on the gleaming floor. We meet dad halfway and walk past the terminal. This is it. This is it. My mind chants.

Biting my lip, dad messages Uncle, and we stride over, looking at families reunite, some couples kiss, laughing, joyful tears, everything fills the air.

"Jenna?!" I hear my name. I turn to see aunt Dina. She runs to me with open arms, and then past that everything is a blur off joy. "Dina!" I called. I would always use her first name; she likes it. Her gorgeous blue eyes, caramel skin, and blonde hair in contrast looks great. Pulling away, she kissed my forehead, and moved on to my mother. I greeted uncle, and then the last person left. Alex.

Gulping, I caught sight of dirty blonde hair. He was picking up the luggage and hauling it into his Porsche. Oh my god, a Porsche! It gleamed in the sunlight. I took courage and stood outside, playing on my best smile. "Hey! Sorry, didn't see ya there." His husky voice says as I stumbled on my heels and landed on him, as my cheeks turned the reddest they could be.

"Oh, er yeah. I um.. Hi." I stutter. He turns around, let's go of my arms, and gives me those wide grins he used to give me. I lean against the car, enjoying the sun, and surprisingly at ease when he gives me that grin. His eyes are full of the same naughty glint. He looks me up and down, and then looks at my eyes.

"That grin.. You used to grin like that.." I trailed off, and hoped that I didn't sound cheesy. Man, he's like my brother, such a good friend, but he's grown so much! Woah. A laugh escaped his mouth, as he nodded, and the throaty and angelic sound filled the air . I was certain a bunch of girls would've turned to that sound.

"I know, I know, good old times." He laughed, and then received a call. "Hello?" He went farther off, speaking.

"Yeah, okay. Of course. Shut the f:ck up man, don't make me get there. " then I heard a silent laugh from him. I smiled to myself. Now he swears? Knew it. "Okay, bye. See you. "

He then ended the call. "Anyways, how's life in Canada? " he asks as our parents circle closer to us. I sighed, already missing the place. "Great. Way less hotter though. It's known for its cold." I chuckled nervously , and Alex nodded. Just then, our parents came up and started loading the other bigger car with luggage.

"That's right. " he agreed.

"Okay, let's get you all settled. Hm. Well, you can sit here." Dina started placing my mother and father in the bigger car. Just then, I spotted a beautiful blonde, but when I saw her body , I almost died of regret. She was showing her whole cleavage. A little top that showed her belly, cleavage the whole world could drown in, a little skirt, but a knitted cardigan as well. Overall, a lot of guys were staring at her. And I was surprised when she walked right up to us . She gave me a smile, but then I realized she was giving Alex a smile.

She hugged him tight and he hugged back. "Carmen!" He exclaimed, kissing her before Dina nodded towards her.

"This is carmen, my girlfriend," he turned my direction. "Carmen, that's Jenna. My.. Childhood friend." I was glad when those words escaped his mouth, but Carmen being his girlfriend? She gave me a little frown and then nodded, then turned to my mom and dad. I was too fazed in my own thoughts. He has a girlfriend.. Of course he does! What did I think? And why was I acting so weird about it? It's not even such a big deal, in fact I should be happy for him. But I was afraid It wouldn't be like the old times, just me and him and a rough soccer ball.

We hauled into cars, and I dreaded the fact of the long ride and plus that my parents forced me to sit with Carmen and Alex. Carmen snuggled in the front seat by Alex's driver seat, while I huddled in the cold AC on the backseat like a complete loner. Luckily, I had my phone, but my wattpad was doing problems. So all I could do was sulk out the window.

I seriously wasn't imagining this to be how he greets me and how he doesn't even give me attention, but I stopped myself. We barely knew each other after so many years; even though we'd used to be best friends. I could see the same Alex in his eyes.

I decided to just enjoy the beauty and warmth of California. I suddenly had an idea.. Music! I plugged in my ears, hushing out Carmen's blabbers and her cleavage.

California Girls just played on. I didn't even like it that much, but in Cali, it was pretty cool. The huge trees, warm sun, couples walking, beaches, roads, everything passed by. We went a bit farther out of city and greeted ourselves with a huge house.

I unbuckled my seatbelt, and snapped my door open. Carmen did the same, and I wondered how long she was going to stay here and why she even came. Sighing, I unplugged my earphones, and gazed out to the beautiful house.

•••